View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #37
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
The guy whose nose I broke--he has been getting chippy recently.

Last week, as I was guarding him, he took a little Karl Malone swing with his elbow, sort of as a warning and then said if I had my head down, I was getting an elbow. I said bring it on. (I already mentioned this I think, but background is necessary).

So this week, he is driving to the basket and totally throws himself at me getting an elbow in. I was playing straight up D. He did a similar thing last week as well. So I got a little hot and told him "I see how it is." He was now entering cheap shot territory by purposefully trying to get in shots. Whereas, for example, when I broke his nose, it was on a loose ball, ball going out of bounds, full-speed, and he was behind me out of sight. So I'm getting a little hot. After a couple of possessions he tells me "I was wrong." And then after the games were done, apologized to me saying "I have been playing scared, and I was wrong."

I love competition.
Be careful Mike, sounds like he's setting you up.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote