View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

I just watched this whole game. I am reminded once again that soccer sucks. Please see the below list.

1. It was a tie game. One team is happy and cheering, the other team stunned and disappointed. We just went ninety plus minutes with neither team being able to score. YAWN.

2. Soccer players are the worst floppers and actors of any sport I have seen. These guys writhe in agony after falling to the ground, then thirty seconds later they are up and running around like normal. What a bunch of bull.

3. The game is so arbitrary. The refs call the game whenever they feel like its over after extra time over the ninety minutes? LAME. The subbing was arbitrary too. When the ref "feels" like its ok to sub, he will wave someone on?

4. Tridinad player gets a bull crap red card, and so Trinidad has to play the whole second half a man down? Terrible. Sure eject the guy if he deserved it, but force a team to play a whole half one man down? I guess since its such a slow and sucky game, missing a player doesnt really matter much.

Feel free to add to this list.

Thank God for American sports like basketball and real football. It is no wonder soccer has never caught on here. Its a game for elementary school kids and thats about it.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote