Thread: Tramps
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #45
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
We're spending Xmas in Utah this year so I was thinking it would be nice to just do a family gift before we go instead of hauling a bunch of crap back and forth and paying extra to check all that luggage. I know the kids would love a trampoline. I'd like it because it would be something they could do outside and get exercise, but I am concerned about how dangerous they are, as well as the liability of someone else's kid getting seriously injured at our house. Am I being overly-cautious?

I've also thought about a playground set, but I think my son would be pissed as he thinks he is too old for playgrounds.

Anyway, you all are a bunch of lawyers and dads. What is your opinion on trampolines?

(Alternate gift ideas that would appeal to a 3-year-old girl and a 7-year-old boy are welcomed as well.)
I have a 4 and 6 year old boy, we got a tramp that is just as wide as others but shorter only like 2 feet off the ground. They can't fall very far, but it is still plenty bouncy. If you have seen Knocked Up, I believe it is a similar model to the one you see Seth Rogen jumping on while playing with his future nieces. That way you don't have to put the stupid walls up around the outside. It is adult friendly also, the box said something like 450 lbs. Great fun.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote