View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #32
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
My apologies. The quote was not only intelligent, but explains nicely the struggle to conduct meaningful dialogue on faith with those who are devout. I don't know whether Fus is sincere or just trolling, but I think it's amusing to see that with just the slightest provocation, people start rolling up into prickly little hedgehog balls.

Robin's experience with the Church sounds quite similar to my own. At some point I realized that I just didn't belong. I often tell my wife that while I don't believe that the Church is true, I don't discount the possibility that it could be true. But I add that even if it were true, It's not something that I really want to be a part of. God may indeed be playing a cosmic game of hide-and-seek with us, but it's a game that I don't enjoy and one that I choose not play.
Why when dogma is questioned, is trolling the first thing that comes to mind?

I always found it odd in the LDS community the vitriol associated with thought outside the mainstream. I always found it weird that people in the LDS get offended when different points of view are presented.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote