View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 11:52 PM   #11
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
This continues to worry me. I'm excited that he seems to have figured out that running our gigantic backs on these cutesy draw-traps isn't playing to their strengths, but I still find the blocking schemes and our complete lack of misdirection plays to be very troubling. Even our receiver routes seems to be pretty pedestrian and predictable, so I hope that he is just keeping the play book closed for the benefit of the young talent.

Anae's offense can certainly be very effective when he's got really good players, but the ability to adjust when your players are underperforming seems to be the mark of a great coach, and the lack of misdirection and poor blocking is liable to get Hall killed.
Amen. I don't know if there is a defense in the league that could stop our run if we were dedicated to it. Play action roll outs would be huge. Not to mention the fact that our O line would wear down the mediocre talent in the MWC. I realize Anae's offense puts up tons of yardage, but there are way too many turnovers and sacks. It sucks to move the ball 60 yards downfield only to throw a pick or get sacked and fumble.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote