View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #27
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
What you're saying is: because one guy won the lottery, the lottery must be a great thing for everyone who plays.

You're right, it's more "hip" to be anti-Mormon than racially prejudiced. And that would be a great point, if it actually dealt with what I'm getting at. It doesn't. I got in this thread when someone wondered why Mormons stay loyal to a party whose leadership (allegedly) is keeping them down.

There is no party where that is more evident than the Democrat party and blacks. The election of one black president (who barely secured his nomination) does not erase decades of abuse.
Tex, did you know that there is a prominent country club in Dallas that does not allow blacks to join? Even really rich, corporately-connected ones.

If you want to know the pull of minorities in the GOP, all you had to do was look at the GOP convention. Which looked like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The dem convention looked like a mass of humanity, of all stripes. You tell me which group is more welcoming to minorities.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote