View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
I might be the last participant when it comes to Greek thread but i always benefit from the links you would provide here ..last time i had a great pleasure reading about mysterious names of God and good laugh reading the humor part..and now i came across to the book "a letter to America" by David Born, the president of Oklahoma University...Thank you.
I would skip it. I don't know that there's ever been a more egotistical, self-satisfied, self-important individual than Dr. Boren. No matter what the purported topic of the book, it's really about him.

Hundreds of us once waited at a presentation for nearly an hour past start time while Dr. Boren and the Governor had a standoff in their respective limos over who would get to make the final entrance into the auditorium (generally public figures enter in reverse order of rank). Finally the governor relented and came in first, allowing Boren to have the grand entrance, just to move things along.

During the ice storm two months ago Boren was more concerned about the damage to his campus trees than the fact that he had thousands of students living in dorms without power. And goodness forbid a Pac-10 ref dare call a penalty against his school's team. Hell hath no fury! I tell you, he's one odd cookie.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote