Thread: On Stars
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #56
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Bottom line

1. I think the stars are not perfect but much more credible than BYU fans want to admit.
2. I generally think it's ludicrous when a BYU fan says "I trust Bronco more than the stars".
3. I think we're leaving more talent on the table than we should. I believe our coaching staff has become a touch arrogant with the "you recruit us we don't recruit you" talk. We need to fight harder for the top LDS that want to play the game and be wined and dined and coddled. Everybody else does it, it's part of the game. Once they're in the system, then you tear them down and make them work for it--not before.
4. I can concede a little that BYU's avg recruit is undervalued compared to the avg USC recruit but not as much as the avg BYU fan thinks. And it also means the avg Utah, Boise State, and Oregon State recruit is equally undervalued.

When the loss of Kaveinga costs BYU a dozen spots in the Scout.com rankings, it should highlight how thin a margin there is between #40 and #60; especially when this is just one recruit out of the 20 to 25 signed by most teams.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote