Thread: Plaisted gone?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #32
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof-Bball View Post
I attribute Jimmer's shooting percentage to his playing time last year. If you take Jimmer's FG% from all the games he played 15 minutes or more last year his percentage jumps up to about 45%FG and 40% 3pt. I looked around and found that this is a common occurence from players who go from the bench to a starting role. Cummards fg% jumped up from his freshman year quite substantially as his mpg increased. Most the year Jimmer was in a situation where he either had to make a few quick shots or he was coming out of the game. So when he went in he had to take whatever he could get.

And as for the TO/assist ratio, as the year went on Jimmer got better at this. I beleive his to/ast was close to 2 through conference play.
There's absolutely something to be said for player progression & for player consistency coming with playing time.

I've always been a supporter of Fredette getting more minutes as he gained experience - there's no denying that he's a player. And, I think by his Senior year he'll certainly be very much superior to Murdock (or Burgess if he ends up as a 2). Was he superior to Murdock last year? I don't think so - PERHAPS excepting the last few games of the year. Will he be superior this year? I think so - but I also think there will be some growing pains, especially early in the year, and mostly in the turnover department.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote