View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #47
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Okay, what nonsense is this? Inflation year-to-year has on average stayed in the same range for about 15 years, which includes both Republican AND Democrat presidents. You have to go back to 1991 to find where it (annually) last crossed 4%.

Of all the arguments for or against McCain, inflation is one of the silliest. It has largely been neutralized as a political issue since the Reagan era.

http://www.miseryindex.us/irbyyear.asp

Because these are supposed to be the best and the brightest.

It goes back to Huckabee's inane comment about "I remind you more of the guy you work with than the guy who laid you off." I've been laid off before. I don't want most of the "guys I work with" elected President. And I sure as hell would rather have someone running a business who actually understands economics running the country, even if it means laying people off.

The President should be someone who represents the best America has to offer, not its lowest common denominator.
What stuff are you smoking?

Isn't the beauty of American politics the point that it renders politicians to some extent irrelevant?

In terms of manipulative science, politicians are masters, but the time has passed us when our best and brightest are supposed to be our political leaders. I don't want it or expect it.

I'd prefer my brightest persons being my physician, my tax accountant and my attorney.

After that, I want my kids' teachers and coaches to be brightest. All things are local, and stuff in DC is more irrelevant than it was previously and in my opinion will become more and more irrelevant.