View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 09:59 PM   #19
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It has become impolite for educated persons to talk about the impact of Mexican immigration on our economies and cities. It is MASSIVE. And not all of it is positive. Yet we can't have a conversation about it due to political correctness.
There are problems in our cities, but it's not illegal immigration. Actually, I've heard repeatedly lately that illegal immigration into the US is modest and actually there is no net increase of illegal immigrants in the US for a long time now. They come and they go. I heard billionaire Trump supporter Peter Theil say this just last night. (He's a billionaire Trump supporter who doesn't believe Trump will keep any of his campaign promises.)

Actually, I have no problem with polite society looking askance at immigration bashing. Without exception, anyone I've ever known (outside of demagoguing politicians) who cares about the immigration issue is a bigot or a loser, pretty much usually both. The demagoguing sure didn't sell in California.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote