View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 02:51 AM   #2
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennerstein View Post
After reading another thread on a different forum, I thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone's company benefits are. Maybe this has been done already, but here's mine at least......
Those are some pretty good Benefits.

I get 20 days a year vacation. My salary isn't fantastic but I got a 15k raise when I came over from a non-profit hospital in 2006. My bonus potential is 20% of my base but if I do exceptionally well they would reward me (or so they say). Since we are start up in the 5th year of operations the big thing everyone wants is stock options (who knows when the "going public" will happen). I came in too late in the game to get the options at my level. One of my peers got options at $2 a share. Our CFO says our shares are worth $40/share at our last board meeting. I have heard that this same peer got 8 thousand shares (Nice 300k payday for him). I'm not worried as I saw an analysis a couple of weeks ago entitled "why the stock price will be $250 in 2012". Hopefully I get stock next year and this baby keeps going up.

We have Blue cross blue shield for our health provider. Its not great but pretty standard for non hospital or union workers. Case in point when my daughter was born we paid $10 for all the prenatal visits and the birth. When my son was born it turned into $1,000

I generally work 55-65 hours a week (sometimes a lot more). I'm told its going to be worth it someday but I am beginning to have my doubts. We do go out for team dinners on a regular basis and very nice restaraunts. I get to fly to Chicago enough that I can earn a couple free flights a year (I usually fly in the morning and fly out at night).

My firm matches 1 1/2 % of your 401k. Like I said its all in getting the stock options. If I dont get them next year I will be moving on.