View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #38
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
As Adam has stated, none of this Orthodox LDS stuff even at its worst differs from what early Mormons did. But I wouldn't say that being brutally honest about the past is necessarily self-loathing. I'm sure that if you go back far enough, to way before even than JS's birth, I may have ancestors guilty of worse than rape and child abuse. My taste is for the truth. But I do think that the truth and the myth make for a savory contrast.
Nobody is disputing what Adam stated or what even went on 160 years ago in the early LDS Church. I don't think your comment is germaine, however. As Adam has also stated most of the average Utahn's are woefully ignorant of LDS history. That is why Adam is the first. He, along with Mike Waters on the African descent and the priesthood issue, exist to lead the rest of us to the path of true knowledge of who we are and how we got here. Hence, it is stupid to conclude that the Utahn's agreeing with seperating the FLDS children from YFZ Ranch are doing so in an effort to excuse themselves of a past for which they are blissfully unaware. I don't think you are stupid as much as I think you hate yourself. The true cause of your hate is neither the fact that you are a Native Utahn nor the fact that your ancestors abused young girls, but rather that you willfully chose to disassociate yourself with God's true religion which they sacrificed so much to establish. Regardless, the covenants promised to your ancestors are true and despite you being an insufferable asshat, God will come and get you because of their faithfullness. I think Adam stated that once as well.