Thread: Darron Smith
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #16
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
Sorry. As you know, I haven't been around here long and they just seem to be the most vocal about it. I certainly didn't mean Adam and SU as an exhaustive list--I realize there are probably plenty of others who feel this way.

Goat and Chino--this has nothing to do with me being a watchman. Like you, before I heard the interview, I didn't feel too passionately about it. Like you say, it IS in the past, and the policy reversal is sort of a tacit admission of error. However, listening to a black member who really loves the Gospel and the church but feels very strongly about this particular issue, and is in touch with a whole community of members who feel the same way (which I doubt can be said for most of us) changed my mind on this one.

Again, from a practical point of view, there's huge upside with little or no downside.
I think the upside is that it could bring peace to Darron Smith and others who share his passion about this subject. However, I wonder how much of their peace would be the result of being proven "right." The right actions have already occurred in my opinion.