View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trouble brewing with the missus.

I gather that some of you experience conflict with your wives over your training schedules. I may have the opposite problem. I work out 4-6 days a week for 45 minutes or so. Nothing terribly strenuous; combining some weights, maybe 2-3 miles of running, Lifecycle for 30 minutes, road bike for 45, whatever. Mrs. PAC and I used to ride for two hours or more on Saturdays, but that ended with the nasty accident in '04, after which I didn't ride again until last year. Now, we pretty much go our own way.

But since moving to Pleasanton, she has fallen in with a tough crowd--7-8 women who ride. A lot. In the past four days she has done a couple of Calaveras loops, each over 40 miles with probably 2,500 feet of elevation gain. I realize that ain't much for you hardcore types, but considering she's a 55 year-old grandma and mother of 6, you can color me impressed. Problem is, I actually have to work during the week, and have neither the time nor desire to keep up. Is there some form of recreational pharmaceutical that can help me narrow the widening fitness gap?

PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote