View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-honestly.html

I just got tired of liberal advocacy pieces disguised as hard news.

By far "The Times" has the best resources, the most breadth, the best talent. But there is so much groupthink that it's just ridiculous.

It's basically the liberal equivalent of something like ldsliving.com. Or the Ensign.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I dumped it. Multiply that by a lot of people and maybe they are starting to receive the message.
I think there's a lot of truth to what you're saying. I don't agree that means you should dump it. I think the best resources and writing is a reason to stay, and I'd say it has more a bias for coastal elite perspectives than "liberal" per se; is the nonsense that Sanders and Trump purveyed pandering to white working class liberal or conservative? The New York Times has done its best to address their irresponsible populism. Also, despite the bias, I think there's plenty of times it is correct. What else are you going to read? Everything seems to be siloed these days.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote