View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I think there's a lot of truth to what you're saying. I don't agree that means you should dump it. I think the best resources and writing is a reason to stay, and I'd say it has more a bias for coastal elite perspectives than "liberal" per se; is the nonsense that Sanders and Trump purveyed pandering to white working class liberal or conservative? The New York Times has done its best to address their irresponsible populism. Also, despite the bias, I think there's plenty of times it is correct. What else are you going to read? Everything seems to be siloed these days.
I read it but I won't subscribe to it any longer due to its incessant pandering the East Coast Elitism. The travel and art section are worth reading, and if one wants to immerse oneself in the East Coast Elitism perspective, it is good immersion therapy.

I much prefer the WSJ, because the WSJ couples its analysis with good hard financial and economic analysis, usually absent from the NYT, unless Paul Krugman wants to weigh about the illiquidity trap and why neo-Keynesian economics is the panacea for all that ails us. I never understood why Krugman ventured outside of his wheelhouse of New Geography Theory and Diversity of Brands into fiscal policy analysis.