View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 05:21 AM   #10
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I have to admit that I really hate the gun control pandering articles. That's why I quit the New Yorker. Those articles are often dishonest and inaccurate, don't tell the other side of the story. And come from such a condescending place that it's frankly intolerable. I used to subscribe to the New Yorker. But they are not as good as they used to be. They are becoming another vanity outlet for coastal elites to preach to the rest of us. No thanks. Bye.
I think gun control is like trade barriers, building the wall. Populist solutions to complicated problems that won't solve anything. I agree that even for someone like me who doesn't own guns and is waiting to be convinced that banning or more controls on guns would eliminate a lot of violent deaths, the politicizing and pandering is a turn off.

Generally, I'm for less control. I think like raising kids, you have to teach self-reliance and personal responsibility. Stop the war on drugs, and use the cost savings to finance decent shelter and controlled drugs and clean needles for homeless, who are mostly addicts, and treatment if they want it. We don't solve anything by over regulating or over-policing. Society creates a lot of expense and problems every time it passes a law making some human activity illegal. We need less of that. The over incarceration of young men, particularly black men, for drug offenses is a national scandal and disgrace.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 11-17-2016 at 05:27 AM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote