Thread: Sod Party
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
Stop by Friday! Honestly, I'd feel more comfortable with you just hanging out and I can show you the TV rather than working in my yard... and that Sunburst place seems like a rip off.. their gas is always 10 cents higher than everyone else it seems.. plus the owner always speaks to his son in their Mediterranean language or wherever they are from right in front of me which I bothers me for some reason..
Ok, I'll stop by Friday.

They really aren't bad folks at Sunburst. They're nice people and have quite the story about coming to this country. The dad is a dad of the a couple of the kids that work there, but he is also the oldest brother of 5. The father of the family was killed one of the many terrorist attacks in Lebanon back in the late 70s/early 80s. So the oldest son decided that it would be in their best interest to move here and they eventually all came to Salt Lake over the course of 20 or so years. They're all pretty devout Muslims and are embarrassed by the terrorist groups.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote