View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #2
mattbikeboy

mattbikeboy is on a distinguished road

It was a crazy press conference for sure. Greg surprised everyone in the press and in Lance's group as well. It got tense in there for a couple of minutes.

Greg places the same intense effort into his crusade against doping and he did into winning races. I don't know if it is sour grapes as much as frustration with a system he knows to be broken. I think Greg is right on the money in regards to doping in the peloton and the lack of real effort in cleaning up the sport. Lance's doctor promised to make Lance's training data available for people to look and study. I think Greg was wanting data from Lance's TDF winning days made public as well -- so that those physiological measurements that don't change with age or training (only doping) can be compared. I don't even think he is only attacking Lance, rather I think he is challenging everyone to come clean and offer this same data. Lance is just a very popular figure and Greg could get a lot of attention on the subject -- which he did today.

Here are a couple of shots from today's exchange:

Lance looking at Greg.

Greg looking a little skeptical.

Crazy morning for sure. Many of us came out of there wondering what just happened.

mbb

PS -- I don't think Contador is ever going to be happy with Lance on the team -- even if Lance can't get back to form. It would be too much attention drawn away from Alberto's own accomplishments.

Last edited by mattbikeboy; 09-26-2008 at 04:27 PM.
mattbikeboy is offline   Reply With Quote