View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Mattbb, thanks for the input. Sounds like you were there, which begs the question: why were you there? Are you an exhibitor, do you own a shop or, like Arch, are you just a wealthy warrior-rider who goes to be the first in your pace line with the latest gear? Seriously, it sounds like you are well-connected to th industry and even if you choose not to reveal how it is you are connected, I beseech you to keep us informed of the info you do get.

What is Greg's crusade against doping? Either he has one and the press ignores it but for his confrontations with LA (which may justify those confrontations), or he only has a jones for attacking LA. Lemond's crusade seems more about the subtext of getting people to concede that he was a great rider until there was doping and that LA does not deserve the adulation he receives (which might be true anyway, but it is not a zero sum game involving LA and Lemond).

I grew up on Lemond, as I have recounted in this forum before, and I think he was a great rider. And he has been through a lot, including the mess that was the Landis hearing. Even so, what Armstrong is doing is without question a step in the right direction. It just seems to me that he should have been quiet at the conference and waited until the exact contours of LA's drug testing program is revealed. Instead, it looks like he is just a bitter old poop.

Also, agree with you about Contador. If I were him I would be ticked.