cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default What makes this site great

What makes this site great is that most people seem to have a genuine dislike for most of the other people on the board.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

What makes this site great is that there are some who, in spite of their dislike for others, still strive for open discourse with those of opposing viewpoints, tainted as little as possible by their inevitable bias.

To the extent that an individual strays from this ideal, the board suffers. To the extent they adhere, we collectively benefit.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I dislike nobody on this board. I have no beefs.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I think I make this site great.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I think I make this site great.
I think I am going to revise my previous statement.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
What makes this site great is that most people seem to have a genuine dislike for most of the other people on the board.
No. What makes this site great is (1) the limitless zeal of a few, including the demiurge, to stir the pot on a wide range of topic (2) the need of the rest of us to have our say on said wide range of topics.

Oh, and lets not forget SU doing his utmost not to move on from the faith of his youth. That is a pretty big factor as well.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I think I am going to revise my previous statement.
I just wanted to know what it feels like to be YOhio for once in my life.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Speaking for yourself and then projecting it onto the psyche of the community at large? Doctor, what's your diagnosis of this gent?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #9
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Oh, and lets not forget SU doing his utmost not to move on from the faith of his youth. That is a pretty big factor as well.
I was thinking about this very thing the other day.

Permit me to disgress for a second. My chilluns are finally getting into Star Wars. They have jumped headlong into it. I find this new habit to be much more palatable because I dont mind sitting down and watching Star Wars with my kids...as opposed to, say...Super Why, or Dora, or Red Shoe Diaries on Cinemax....

Anyway, in re-watching these movies, I am reminded that before the prequels, the Star Wars saga seemed to be a story of Luke Skywalker's progression from simple farmboy to Jedi Knight and Savior of the Galaxy.

However, with the prequels we get the broader vision of Lucas's epic saga. If you look at all 6 episodes, it is obvious that the Star Wars movies really have nothing to do with Luke. The real protagonist is Darth Vader. It is a 6-part series about the Rise, Fall, and Redemption of the Chosen One. The one who brings balance to the Force. In reality, Darth Vader, or Anakin, is the real Savior of the Galaxy. I know you all already know this....

Back to present day....Cougarguard, on its face, seems to be a tale of mikewaters....cast out from cougarboard...and in open rebellion, starts his own message board to compete directly with his prior opressor. Mikewaters provides a safe haven for the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to be free. He becomes a Jedi in his own sphere and has done well for himself.

But as we look closer and consider the entire storyline, mikewaters, much like Luke, is simply a bit player in the broader scheme of things.

Folks, whether you all like it or not, Cougarguard has one inspired, divine purpose.....it is the final act in the story of the Rise, the Fall, and the eventual redemption of SeattleUte. we should be greatful to mikewaters for creating this site, but he was only an instrument in the hands of a Greater force. This site was decreed to be the vehicle by which SU could return to the Ninety and Nine. SU is the Chosen One who will bring balance. He has walked through the valley and has been in the refiners fire. Although he may not realize it now, the socialization he receives here will be what eventually lead him back home....the Prodigal Son returned, much like Anakin Skywalker.

And on that note, let me also say to SU that when you do pass away, I volunteer to burn your body on a large makeshift pyre.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #10
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I just wanted to know what it feels like to be YOhio for once in my life.
That's easy. Just leave a pee stain in your garments.