cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU71 when are we going to go golfing?

I looked up her handicap, not bad at all, $50 a hole?

jk, you would smoke me unless of course you are a reverse sandbagger, considering however the fact that you wont even sign the rules on CB because you know you will break them, my guess is that your handicap is probably a little high, i bet you are really hard on yourself.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I looked up her handicap, not bad at all, $50 a hole?

jk, you would smoke me unless of course you are a reverse sandbagger, considering however the fact that you wont even sign the rules on CB because you know you will break them, my guess is that your handicap is probably a little high, i bet you are really hard on yourself.
I am truly a reverse sandbagger. I play mainly one course and therefor establish a lower handi than I would if I were playing many courses.

On Friday the 7th we have an opening at Coral Canyon as we are stopping there on our way to the UCLA game. That is the only opening I have between now and October.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 AM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I am truly a reverse sandbagger. I play mainly one course and therefor establish a lower handi than I would if I were playing many courses.

On Friday the 7th we have an opening at Coral Canyon as we are stopping there on our way to the UCLA game. That is the only opening I have between now and October.
I am flying down to the UCLA game on the 5th. Thats to bad, i would have loved to have the great and powerful oz....errr BYU71 give me some tips.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

You two need to come up and play around my turf. I would be excellent comic relief for two guys who golf regularly. I promise to keep you entertained with fresh combinations of 4 letter words and a day full of divits, shanks with the occasional nice shot that confirms I once actually played the game consistently.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
You two need to come up and play around my turf. I would be excellent comic relief for two guys who golf regularly. I promise to keep you entertained with fresh combinations of 4 letter words and a day full of divits, shanks with the occasional nice shot that confirms I once actually played the game consistently.
That is an opportunity I will have to take advantage of. Where is up here?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
TheSizzle36

Quote:
That is an opportunity I will have to take advantage of. Where is up here?
In the Davis County area. Davis course is the course I play the most, but I know of a few other courses nearby.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
BYU71

Quote:
In the Davis County area. Davis course is the course I play the most, but I know of a few other courses nearby.
WE can plan something in late Sept. or October. Your area is my area. I have played Bountiful, Davis, Valley View. All great courses.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #8
TheSizzle36

Quote:
WE can plan something in late Sept. or October. Your area is my area. I have played Bountiful, Davis, Valley View. All great courses.
Valley View is a beautiful course. But all the slopes absolutely kill me. You can hit a great shot, be in the fairway and have a lie that is difficult because you're slanted.

I love Davis but it doesn't always seem like it is in the best shape. Maybe it is because I run past Oakridge all the time, and you can tell it is a country club.

We'll have to go out for a round in September or October. I assure you the entertainment value alone would make it worth your time.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #9
BYU71

Quote:
Valley View is a beautiful course. But all the slopes absolutely kill me. You can hit a great shot, be in the fairway and have a lie that is difficult because you're slanted.

I love Davis but it doesn't always seem like it is in the best shape. Maybe it is because I run past Oakridge all the time, and you can tell it is a country club.

We'll have to go out for a round in September or October. I assure you the entertainment value alone would make it worth your time.
The new greens super. has done a wonderful job at Oakridge. The course this year has been in great shape despite the unusually hot weather. I am not real happy they're playing the Utah Open there this year. I hope after next year they don't allow it back.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Too bad, I was looking for a partner to play Pebble Beach with me. A client gets me on these courses even though he knows I suck to high heaven.