cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've overestimated the Utes

I expected the Utes to win by 10+.

I mean, has anyone ever seen a game, where the screen was more effective against a defense?

Has anyone ever seen a DL sack a QB, cause a fumble, stop to tie his shoe while the live ball sits by his leg?

How frustrating is it to watch a QB who though black, looks white, cause he has no rhythm. Briana had terrible footwork, poor vision, held the ball, and then made ill-advised throws. Is there a worse long ball in the nation?

Sorry Utes, you are not going to be able to put 8 in the box with the cougars. Better come up with a new plan. You made OSU's QB look like a star. I'm afraid you might seal the Heisman for Hall at this rate.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

I mean, has anyone ever seen a game, where the screen was more effective against a defense?

Has anyone ever seen a DL sack a QB, cause a fumble, stop to tie his shoe while the live ball sits by his leg?

How frustrating is it to watch a QB who though black, looks white, cause he has no rhythm. Briana had terrible footwork, poor vision, held the ball, and then made ill-advised throws. Is there a worse long ball in the nation?

Sorry Utes, you are not going to be able to put 8 in the box with the cougars. Better come up with a new plan. You made OSU's QB look like a star. I'm afraid you might seal the Heisman for Hall at this rate.
Get back to us when you team has accomplished some more than being a blocked extra point better than the winless last place PAC-10 team. That is your major accomplishment this year. Then we will have some basis for comparison. An allstar team of the teams you beat would lose to OSU.

BYU has a good team, no doubt, but it has not yet played a remotely good team and struggled with one of those. BYU's opponents have zero quality wins among them. Zip. TCU is a good team, lets wait until you've played them before we star making comparisons.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How frustrating is it to watch a QB who though black, looks white, cause he has no rhythm[?]
I thought you were Mr. "I-Fight-Racism." There's trolling, and then there's this shit.

The would-be experts in this forum are unintentionally comic to an extraordinary degree. The democratization of education and information has a downside: everyone's an expert.

You guys kill me.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Yeah, Briana is a piece of work. I'm glad that injury-prone crappy QB is yours and not mine.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Solon

Quote:
Yeah, Briana is a piece of work. I'm glad that injury-prone crappy QB is yours and not mine.
He's not "yours" or "mine." Last time I checked, neither of us was on the team.

He's just a college kid doing his best. Cut him some slack.

Or maybe we should blame his struggles on the fact that he grew up in a state full of racists.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
He's not "yours" or "mine." Last time I checked, neither of us was on the team.

He's just a college kid doing his best. Cut him some slack.

Or maybe we should blame his struggles on the fact that he grew up in a state full of racists.
Doing his best = garbage.

If he doesn't want any criticism, he should quit the team.

All knowledgeable Ute fans know that Brian Johnson is garbage, and he is not getting better. based on his performance last night, even with no pass rush, I'm not sure he could find his mama in a lineup.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #7
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

6-0.

How good is BYU? How could anyone know?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Brian Johnson doesn't play like a "white" qb. He's a dead ringer for Dante Culpepper when he played for the Dolphins.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
Solon

Quote:
Doing his best = garbage.

If he doesn't want any criticism, he should quit the team.

All knowledgeable Ute fans know that Brian Johnson is garbage, and he is not getting better. based on his performance last night, even with no pass rush, I'm not sure he could find his mama in a lineup.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you there. He hasn't become the player many thought he would become, but the black and white qb shit is too much, even in a less-than-serious attempt to troll.

If someone made a statement about byu's polynesians going belly-up in the cold, or their white db's being slow, or black players being unable to live the honor code, you'd be going ape-shit. I'm just calling this statement what it is.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you there. He hasn't become the player many thought he would become, but the black and white qb shit is too much, even in a less-than-serious attempt to troll.

If someone made a statement about byu's polynesians going belly-up in the cold, or their white db's being slow, or black players being unable to live the honor code, you'd be going ape-shit. I'm just calling this statement what it is.
are you saying whites have as good musical rhythm as other people? I just want to get you on the record.