cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post Lance cycling coverage

The drop in interest in Cycling in the media seems to be happening even faster than I epxected. How many of you not in Georgia (if any of you are) even knew the TOur de GA was taking place right now? How many knew there had been a 29 minute breakaway victory? ANybody hear about O'Grady's remakrable win in Paris-Roubaix? We're even talking more about running shoes than cycling in the cycling forum! (Not that there is anything intrinsically wrong with that, just another symptom) By next year or the year after we will porbbaly be back to the days of getting no coverage except for an overproduced weekly poackage by a group of network guys that don't understand the sport. It is so disapponting and thank goodness for the internet.

Last edited by creekster; 04-20-2007 at 03:33 PM.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

I only know these things because only moments ago I dropped in over at Velonews and caught the shorts.

It is pretty sad how little coverage Georgia has gotten this year. I thought the Tour of California was well covered, but then again I live in California. The Euro classics like Roubaix have never been well-covered here, but its like they never existed this year. O'Gradys win was pretty incredible though, especially with a flat that lost him over a minute.

I'm sure the tour de france will get similar coverage as last year, but will wane in the near future as you say.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote