cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Funny polygamy story.......

Spaz, does this meet your enlightened definition of a title?

Anyway.

Every Easter, we would buy our daughters an Easter dress. When my oldest was 15, she wanted a dresses that my wife thought were inappropriate (but I'm sure Goatnapper would have loved) for Sunday dress. My wife and daughter got into arguments all the time over buying an appropriate dress. My wife said she had enough and wasn't wasting any more time trying to find one.

So I stepped in. I offered to go to diffuse the situation. So my daughter is trying one a number of dresses. She found one that she loved but I thought was borderline. She tried it on and again I thought was borderline, I noticed 3 polygamist women nearby. My daughter had no idea what a polygamist was at the time. So I made her a deal. If these three women agree with her, I'll buy the dress. I asked them to come over and give us their opinion. Here they are clothed from neck to ankle. They took a look at my daughter and said, 'that looks darling'. I bought the dress.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
Spaz, does this meet your enlightened definition of a title?

Anyway.

Every Easter, we would buy our daughters an Easter dress. When my oldest was 15, she wanted a dresses that my wife thought were inappropriate (but I'm sure Goatnapper would have loved) for Sunday dress. My wife and daughter got into arguments all the time over buying an appropriate dress. My wife said she had enough and wasn't wasting any more time trying to find one.

So I stepped in. I offered to go to diffuse the situation. So my daughter is trying one a number of dresses. She found one that she loved but I thought was borderline. She tried it on and again I thought was borderline, I noticed 3 polygamist women nearby. My daughter had no idea what a polygamist was at the time. So I made her a deal. If these three women agree with her, I'll buy the dress. I asked them to come over and give us their opinion. Here they are clothed from neck to ankle. They took a look at my daughter and said, 'that looks darling'. I bought the dress.
lol. The best-laid plans, eh?

When starting a thread, a title is very much appropriate. Which is not to say it's INappropriate to title a post inside a thread. I simply wanted to point out that, in this type of forum, it's not necessary to do so.

I'll drop the subject of titles. Feel free to continue posting the way you are most comfortable.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
exUte

Default We were building a home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
lol. The best-laid plans, eh?

When starting a thread, a title is very much appropriate. Which is not to say it's INappropriate to title a post inside a thread. I simply wanted to point out that, in this type of forum, it's not necessary to do so.

I'll drop the subject of titles. Feel free to continue posting the way you are most comfortable.
in the Little Cottonwood area by Rulon Jeffs compound and met the polygs a number of times. Pleasant people. Changed one of their tires once. Everyone of the tires on the station wagon was bald. It was dangerous considering the car was full of women and children. I told the women in the car that if those tires were not replaced ASAP, I would go tell Rulon myself. They didn't want that. It took 3 weeks to get them replaced but they were. That was my first negative experience with Rulon and his group. How he would allow his family to be put in danger was disturbing.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
in the Little Cottonwood area by Rulon Jeffs compound and met the polygs a number of times. Pleasant people. Changed one of their tires once. Everyone of the tires on the station wagon was bald. It was dangerous considering the car was full of women and children. I told the women in the car that if those tires were not replaced ASAP, I would go tell Rulon myself. They didn't want that. It took 3 weeks to get them replaced but they were. That was my first negative experience with Rulon and his group. How he would allow his family to be put in danger was disturbing.
I've never personally met a polyg. I'd imagine that the majority of them are not so different than anyone else. Well - obviously, they have differences in their family structure, but their sense of right & wrong won't be too terribly different.

Hopefully the Jeffs influence isn't too widespread...

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
exUte

Default My childhood friend is married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I've never personally met a polyg. I'd imagine that the majority of them are not so different than anyone else. Well - obviously, they have differences in their family structure, but their sense of right & wrong won't be too terribly different.

Hopefully the Jeffs influence isn't too widespread...
to a daughter of a polygamist. She just laughs at the stories she reads in the papers. She was never forced to marry or have sex with anyone she didn't want to. She left when she wanted to. But then again she was from the Allred clan.