cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road
Question Some LDS are still not prepared!!!!

Yesterday, CNN was interviewing a nice looking gentleman that SOUNDED LDS. H e was talking about how his house had been burned but garage wasn't. YEP!! He had his years supply as HIS religion taught. Then, they interviewed him live today, and along side of him showed a picture of him , wife, 3 or 4 kids all in white. Looked like a temple sealing day. Then, HE EXPLAINED---they had genealogy back to the 1400's!!!! They hadn't taken it out of the fire when they had the chance. Make a list of things for disaster. They will come to all of us eventually, imho. How sad for this family.
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

That's why I have an underground bunker.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

I have two very religious sisters. If one of their homes were to burn down I've always got the other one for a backup as far as geneology goes.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #4
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous viper View Post
Yesterday, CNN was interviewing a nice looking gentleman that SOUNDED LDS. H e was talking about how his house had been burned but garage wasn't. YEP!! He had his years supply as HIS religion taught. Then, they interviewed him live today, and along side of him showed a picture of him , wife, 3 or 4 kids all in white. Looked like a temple sealing day. Then, HE EXPLAINED---they had genealogy back to the 1400's!!!! They hadn't taken it out of the fire when they had the chance. Make a list of things for disaster. They will come to all of us eventually, imho. How sad for this family.
At this time in their life my kids just arent' as well of as I am. So I have funded their food supply and bought them some guns.

If I can make it to Utah County I will be OK. I will think about building them underground bunkers to store the stuff though because you bring up some good points.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
This is actually a pretty decent Grapevine.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road
Smile bunkers

I actually had a 20 acre bunker and food and guns with windmill, solar power 2 houses, a 300 foot deep well,and a 1 acre pond with LINER!!! My wife said she'd rether DIE than live there,,,,,so I sold it!!!!!
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #7
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I actually had a 20 acre bunker and food and guns with windmill, solar power 2 houses, a 300 foot deep well,and a 1 acre pond with LINER!!! My wife said she'd rether DIE than live there,,,,,so I sold it!!!!!
Wives can be a pain. I hate traveling with strangers so I bought an Ocean Liner. My wife made me sell it to Carnival because she got sea sick on it.

It is one of the reasons we divorced.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote