cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Vegas Bowl 2007

I thought after a few months had passed, I'd feel better about the Vegas Bowl vs. UCLA. I thought I'd forget the way their defensive line manhandled our O-line and blew up our running backs all day. I thought I'd forget about how it took a last-second miracle field-goal block to squeeze out a one-point victory.

But here it is, almost April, and I still look back on that game as a loss, for all intents and purposes.

Anyone else feel the same way?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

A win is a win in my book. Just think of it this way: we were good enough to get manhandled on both sides of the ball and STILL win. Historically, that isn't the BYU way. I'll take it.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
I thought after a few months had passed, I'd feel better about the Vegas Bowl vs. UCLA. I thought I'd forget the way their defensive line manhandled our O-line and blew up our running backs all day. I thought I'd forget about how it took a last-second miracle field-goal block to squeeze out a one-point victory.

But here it is, almost April, and I still look back on that game as a loss, for all intents and purposes.

Not at all, never have.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I deleted it off of my DVR the instant that game was over. I don't regret that decision to this day.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:18 AM   #5
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:

So for all intents and purposes...to you BYU finished the season 10-3?

Okay.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:44 AM   #6
BYUTexan

BYUTexan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

To me it wasn't a loss but it was'nt quite a win either. I was still thrilled that night as we got the W.

The eyes of Texas are upon you Michael Reed (and David Nixon).
BYUTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:43 AM   #7
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Once a program believes that merely winning isn't good enough, it usually stops winning. None of the present party would trade, for example, a two-point victory for a nine-point victory, I trust.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #8
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:

While you are taking wins away... You might as well take the Utah game away as well since BYU was so lucky on 4th and 18...
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #9
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Only if you count the game in Pasadena against UCLA as a W, since we should have won that one were it not for an incorrect call on a So'oto fumble and a few other grave injustices that went against BYU.

IMO, somebody made things right at the end of the year, as evidenced by this photo:

TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:37 AM   #10
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
While you are taking wins away... You might as well take the Utah game away as well since BYU was so lucky on 4th and 18...
What is this, reverse Poppinga-ism? You mean they are not 879-0 all-time?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote