cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
Like I said, race should not be a consideration. Winning, on the other hand should be. Or do you have other wisdom? Like hiring the fattest guy you know to coach a basketball team who takes a crap in a garbage can? Perhaps that should be a requirement?
If fat = wins, I make that hire. In fact I've been a little disappointed that Jim Boylen doesn't quite have the Majerus girth. He has the balding thing, he is very fond of the f-word, if he could just put on about 50 pounds he would be perfect.

Also, he needs to start treating PK like he deserves to be treated. The second best thing about Majerus (after the winning of course) was that he treated that idiot PK exactly as he deserved to be treated. PK is a scumbag to say the least for the way he treated Andre Miller.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Mpfunk is the archetypal morally indignant Ute fan.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default What happened with Andre Miller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
If fat = wins, I make that hire. In fact I've been a little disappointed that Jim Boylen doesn't quite have the Majerus girth. He has the balding thing, he is very fond of the f-word, if he could just put on about 50 pounds he would be perfect.

Also, he needs to start treating PK like he deserves to be treated. The second best thing about Majerus (after the winning of course) was that he treated that idiot PK exactly as he deserved to be treated. PK is a scumbag to say the least for the way he treated Andre Miller.
YOu're right, the f-word is a prerequisite for a coach and/or Utah fan?
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
mpfunk

Quote:
YOu're right, the f-word is a prerequisite for a coach and/or Utah fan?
Well the dickhead PK made it his personal mission to make sure that Andre Miller's one indiscretion at Utah was brought up for his remaining four years in the program. It seemed like PK couldn't go a Ute article without slipping in a shoplifting reference.

Additionally, he at no point would acknowledge the great story that was Andre Miller graduated in four years to be granted back his prop 48 year. It was a great story, and a national one because Miller was the first to take advantage of the rule, and PK ignored it.

This is the reason that Majerus started to bitch slap PK every chance he got. He cared about his players, and he wasn't going to let some media jackass treat one of his players that way. PK deserved everything he got and more.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #5
exUte

Default You had me till the end.

Quote:
Well the dickhead PK made it his personal mission to make sure that Andre Miller's one indiscretion at Utah was brought up for his remaining four years in the program. It seemed like PK couldn't go a Ute article without slipping in a shoplifting reference.

Additionally, he at no point would acknowledge the great story that was Andre Miller graduated in four years to be granted back his prop 48 year. It was a great story, and a national one because Miller was the first to take advantage of the rule, and PK ignored it.

This is the reason that Majerus started to bitch slap PK every chance he got. He cared about his players, and he wasn't going to let some media jackass treat one of his players that way. PK deserved everything he got and more.
Majerus cared about his players? You mean those who could prop him up? That's why he walked out on them? That's why he treated Allred the way he did? Man, you almost had me.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Andre Miller shoplifted? I had no idea. It's funny that I now know because of you, and not PK.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
exUte

Default I didn't know that either. Shoplifting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Andre Miller shoplifted? I had no idea. It's funny that I now know because of you, and not PK.
Big deal. Buster Matheny did it. The Ute player who stole condoms. What was the difference?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #8
exUte

Default No one in the local press liked Majerus

Quote:

Majerus catered more to the national press than the local press and they were all looking for blood. It helped Crowton's downfall as well. He was not media friendly.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:56 PM   #9
mpfunk

Quote:
Majerus catered more to the national press than the local press and they were all looking for blood. It helped Crowton's downfall as well. He was not media friendly.
No Majerus simply treated the media the way they deserved to be treated instead of kissing ass. The media was upset about this and started to go after him.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #10
mpfunk

Quote:
Majerus cared about his players? You mean those who could prop him up? That's why he walked out on them? That's why he treated Allred the way he did? Man, you almost had me.
Anyone who knows Majerus, knows that he cared about his players. He did what he thought would get the best out of the players on the court.

Ask Andre Miller if he thinks Majerus cared about him. Remember that Majerus missed a BYU-Utah game to attend Miller's step-father's funeral.
Ask KVH if Majerus cared about him.
Hell ask Gary Trost. Majerus tried to use his NBA contacts to get Trost a chance when Roger Reid wouldn't do anything.
Ask Trace and Ben Caton.

I could continue if you like.