cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road
Default Oh my: Obama the God

I just now heard this on the radio. I had no idea he was so megalomaniacal. I know all Presidential candidates are, but sheesh ...

Quote:
The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment -- this was the time -- when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.
"I know my limitations. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go heal the planet ..."

LOL.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...null&offset=24

Starts at 8:50. Imagine some of our very own Obamamoonies at one of these things, frothing at the mouth:

Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I just now heard this on the radio. I had no idea he was so megalomaniacal. I know all Presidential candidates are, but sheesh ...

"I know my limitations. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go heal the planet ..."

LOL.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...null&offset=24

Starts at 8:50. Imagine some of our very own Obamamoonies at one of these things, frothing at the mouth:

He's talking about global warming and environmental remediation and you get out of it that he thinks he is God? Reading comprehension indeed.

Have Republicans decided that making Obama appear like a fake God/Christ figure is a good campaign strategy (Obamessiah, Obamamoonie, Obama is God, etc.)? If so, best of luck with that one. At the very least you will have four more years to think them up.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

So he thinks he can fix global warming? I'm no Obama fan, but what's the big deal?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
He's talking about global warming and environmental remediation and you get out of it that he thinks he is God? Reading comprehension indeed.

Have Republicans decided that making Obama appear like a fake God/Christ figure is a good campaign strategy (Obamessiah, Obamamoonie, Obama is God, etc.)? If so, best of luck with that one. At the very least you will have four more years to think them up.
You are the one lacking in reading comprehension, my friend. Remove your Obamavision glasses and read it again and you'll understand that Obama is claiming that if he is elected Presient, it will be the start of all these fantastic things.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:04 AM   #5
Tex

Quote:
It was a figure of speech, although it wouldn't surprise me if some of his supporters literally thought that.

Quote:
Maybe he got the idea from John Edwards, who promised people like Christopher Reeve would get up and walk again under a Kerry administration.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:19 AM   #6
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
It was a figure of speech, although it wouldn't surprise me if some of his supporters literally thought that.
It wouldn't surprise me if some of his supporters eat paste and talk to rocks. What is your point?

Quote:
Maybe he got the idea from John Edwards, who promised people like Christopher Reeve would get up and walk again under a Kerry administration.

So Edwards talked about stem cell research and noted the potential for people to walk again if it were properly funded. Again, what's the problem?

At what point in time will you actually argue with Obama's POSITIONS rather than all the nonsense you find so much meaning in? From my perspective, you have given up on the positions entirely.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
Tex

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if some of his supporters eat paste and talk to rocks. What is your point?
That it was a figure of speech, as I said.

Quote:
So Edwards talked about stem cell research and noted the potential for people to walk again if it were properly funded. Again, what's the problem?
That they talk as if they were God, as I said.

You're like 0-10 on reading comprehension today.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:45 AM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

ObamaDammit would you two knock it off? Barack H. Obama this is getting old.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:49 AM   #9
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleNewt View Post
Eh, stuff it, Newt. We put up with a lot of bull from you around here.

Here's an idea: don't click the link.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:35 AM   #10
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
LOL, I thought you were SU, YOhio. I guess we don't put up with a lot of crap from you. Or maybe we do, I dunno.

But I guess I've tweaked Cali enough for one outing. I'm all out of piss.