cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks, GWB, for fighting for Arlen Specter's election

thus insuring that you, George W. Bush, are responsible for the healthcare bill. Another feather in your cap, for your "conservative" beliefs.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
thus insuring that you, George W. Bush, are responsible for the healthcare bill. Another feather in your cap, for your "conservative" beliefs.

Remember the Subprime Mortgage Market which created or largely contributed to the current economic depression?

Well, current health care reform will that disaster to the third power. We never learn.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

You can thank Rick Santorum too. If Toomey ends up winning this time around, he won't owe much to the Republican establishment in DC.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I think a lot of conservatives despise Obama and the Democrats. But the level of anger reserved towards Bush et al. and the GOP in general is just a hair step behind.

I HATE THE GOP!!!!!!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think a lot of conservatives despise Obama and the Democrats. But the level of anger reserved towards Bush et al. and the GOP in general is just a hair step behind.

I HATE THE GOP!!!!!!
Arlen Specter was a horrible choice, and the Health Care Reform will become the next SubPrime Mortgage Market disaster, over time.

It will create systems which the market refuses to create because they don't make market sense.

I wonder what outrageous assumptions the CBO is making in order to arrive at the laughable conclusion that the Central Planning aspect of the Health Care Orwellian Reform will reduce costs.

I will go on record here and now, and that the Health Care Reform will not SAVE money, unless you engage in Obamacounting, which means you figure saved raises as saving a job, but will increase costs in aggregate.

Our Budget will far exceed the 1 trillion dollar tag and may double that. I don't know how much of a lag will occur before we have the Subprime Mortgage Implosion Part Deux, but it will occur.

However, government's plan by then will be, "get rid of private insurance."

This is a nefarious plan and as Cali is wont to say, health care GNP is likely to increase above the 20% levels.

My analysis is based upon the Medicare miscalculation from the sixties through the seventies, eighties and up until the present, the Subprime Mortgate disaster of Carter/Clinton and Bush, and the fact that the CBO is never accurate on anything this large.