cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default ticket

i received a ticket for speeding in the great state of texas. It looks like for 12 over, it's a 3 point offense. Is that a lot of points?
The nice lady at the office said I could either pay the fine ($160), or I could get a deferment, pay $260, and be on probation for 90 days in TX. I guess if I got another ticket in TX I'd be in trouble. But since I don't live in TX, not a problem.

Now, I'm not usually a speeder, but as it turns out, I got a 3 point ticket in 11/06 and a 2 pointer in 5/07, so this would put me up to 8 points (or do they decay over time?). Is that going to make a difference with insurance, etc?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road

If NM is anything like NV, then it will absolutely make a difference on insurance. Even points that don't result in any action being taken against your license will bump up your insurance rates here. My advice is to do whatever it takes to guarantee you don't get the points on your record.

If that means paying an extra $100 and not driving in Texas for the next 90 days, so be it.