cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2008, 04:18 AM   #1
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road
Default Kobe rules?

Was it just me, or did Kobe's hand not touch the ball on that "steal"?

And how does a guy slide on his butt with both feet off the ground and not get a traveling violation?

Oh well. Celtics in six.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:21 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

No, you are correct. Kobe in no way touched that ball. Somehow, it magically popped out of Pierce's control and very quickly made its way towards Lamar Odom, coincidentally in the same direction Kobe's hand did not push it.

But you are not alone in thinking that Kobe's hand did not touch the ball.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:26 AM   #3
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

It has been so enjoyable not watching the NBA Finals this year, despite the controversy and glamorous "Celtics v Lakers" matchup. I just haven't given a damn.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:35 AM   #4
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
It has been so enjoyable not watching the NBA Finals this year, despite the controversy and glamorous "Celtics v Lakers" matchup. I just haven't given a damn.
Truthfully, you are not missing much. The games have not been that great. Apart from the ability to get one's Laker hating jones on, there haven't been that many breath-taking plays or amazing endings.

Ratings are definitely up from the prior few finals, so people are watching. Nothing epic, though.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 06-16-2008, 04:37 AM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
No, you are correct. Kobe in no way touched that ball. Somehow, it magically popped out of Pierce's control and very quickly made its way towards Lamar Odom, coincidentally in the same direction Kobe's hand did not push it.

But you are not alone in thinking that Kobe's hand did not touch the ball.
Come on, Einstein. His hand could have bumped Pierce's arm or the hook on the belly could have just slowed him down enough to lose control. The ball wasn't moving that quickly. The replay angle I saw looked like he whiffed. But I was distracted and didn't see all of the replays. That's why I asked.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:44 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Come on, Einstein. His hand could have bumped Pierce's arm or the hook on the belly could have just slowed him down enough to lose control. The ball wasn't moving that quickly. The replay angle I saw looked like he whiffed. But I was distracted and didn't see all of the replays. That's why I asked.
I'm just messing. I think he hit the ball, but just my opinion.

I think the better question is whether he fouled Pierce.

I think you could have definitely called a reach foul on that, but in real-time, not even Pierce called for a foul, so you leave it as a no-call.

As to your question about sliding with no travel, you must have been referring to when Pierce slid on the floor with the ball at the end of the game and no travel was called.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:50 AM   #7
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

It's cute watching Kobe and the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked getting a thread of false hope to dream about for the next 44 hours. I hope Tuesday's forthcoming experience doesn't sour them. People on that team are known to head to Eagle, CO to blow off a little steam.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:56 AM   #8
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
It's cute watching Kobe and the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked getting a thread of false hope to dream about for the next 44 hours. I hope Tuesday's forthcoming experience doesn't sour them. People on that team are known to head to Eagle, CO to blow off a little steam.
Your little brother-ness is showing.

If your team is out, sit quietly on the sidelines until next season. If your team is in, proceed with all pep, vim and vigor.

Or at least have the decency to invent a false reason as to why you have always been a "C's" fan, which seems to be the common practice this past week on CB.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:12 AM   #9
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't have a team, just a casual fan of the league in general; not a Celtics fan, just a Lakers taunter.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:23 AM   #10
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Don't have a team, just a casual fan of the league in general; not a Celtics fan, just a Lakers taunter.
You have excellent taunting skills, my worthy foe.