cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Goat, could we get a response from you

on this post.

http://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/m...tml?id=3017204

I would do it, but I'm not as disrespectful as Goat, so I don't think I could pull it off.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:27 AM   #2
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This reminded me of how unusual my new ward is.
All they talk about is Tenn football. Sunday, they were bemoaning the whooping they got in Florida, not Tulsa. In fact, I didn't hear anyone mention Tulsa.
And the stake had a youth activity on Saturday to watch the Tenn-Fla game.
Wow. I can dig this ward.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:54 AM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

It's Funk simply trolling, and nothing more.

He's on the right side of wrong so much and that's what's so right about the lovable funkster.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:08 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
It's Funk simply trolling, and nothing more.

He's on the right side of wrong so much and that's what's so right about the lovable funkster.
He may have been trolling, but what did he say that was wrong?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:51 AM   #5
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
"I have a good reason for wanting to eliminate this attitude. I have seen more than one person who got tired of the type of attitude displayed by a small minority of you and it has been a springboard to them leaving the church.

"I got tired of the BYU fans crap about me not being a good Mormon because I am a Ute fan, and decided it was no longer worth it. It took me a good 10 years before I came back to the church."

Blaming your inactivity on some blowhard BYU fans? Seems like a pretty lame excuse. Even in the deepest, darkest parts of Utah Valley, there are plenty of ALUF's more than willing to shout out a "Go Utes!" over the pulpit just to make sure their fellow Saints know it's ok to bleed crimson.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:59 AM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
"I have a good reason for wanting to eliminate this attitude. I have seen more than one person who got tired of the type of attitude displayed by a small minority of you and it has been a springboard to them leaving the church.

"I got tired of the BYU fans crap about me not being a good Mormon because I am a Ute fan, and decided it was no longer worth it. It took me a good 10 years before I came back to the church."

Blaming your inactivity on some blowhard BYU fans? Seems like a pretty lame excuse. Even in the deepest, darkest parts of Utah Valley, there are plenty of ALUF's more than willing to shout out a "Go Utes!" over the pulpit just to make sure their fellow Saints know it's ok to bleed crimson.
I notice you left out the part where he was only 15 when it happened.

Yes, there is a lot of hyperbole in his post, but there is a very small percentage of BYU fans who believe that LDS folks should be BYU fans. A neighbor of mine growing up is that way, but I never took her seriously and laughed in her face when she questioned my worthiness to serve a mission because I mocked BYU athletics when I was in high school. The irony is that of her 4 boys, only one is active in the Church, one is an over-the-top apostate, one is inactive and one is spending 15 years in that nice little facility in Bluffdale with a fence around it, but they all love BYU football.

I agree that too many ALUFs use that as an excuse to feel persecuted and they need to ignore it. It's more fun to not let pinheads on either side get away with their behavior.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:04 AM   #7
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Getting a response from me in terms of really getting into it is exactly what he's trolling for, so I'll pass.

By the way I never said he was wrong about that particular post. There are several bits of it that I call bullshit on and that I believe are embellished, but most of the things Funk and I debate on, he is almost always proved wrong.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:14 AM   #8
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I notice you left out the part where he was only 15 when it happened.
yes, that was convenient, wasn't it.

Quote:
Yes, there is a lot of hyperbole in his post, but there is a very small percentage of BYU fans who believe that LDS folks should be BYU fans. A neighbor of mine growing up is that way, but I never took her seriously and laughed in her face when she questioned my worthiness to serve a mission because I mocked BYU athletics when I was in high school. The irony is that of her 4 boys, only one is active in the Church, one is an over-the-top apostate, one is inactive and one is spending 15 years in that nice little facility in Bluffdale with a fence around it, but they all love BYU football.
Honestly, I like the fact that there are a few inactives and criminals who like the Y. We need a few more rough characters in our camp. It counteracts some of the extreme zoob dorkiness in Cougar nation, at least for me. I feel better already.

Quote:
I agree that too many ALUFs use that as an excuse to feel persecuted and they need to ignore it. It's more fun to not let pinheads on either side get away with their behavior.
I agree.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:17 AM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Getting a response from me in terms of really getting into it is exactly what he's trolling for, so I'll pass.

By the way I never said he was wrong about that particular post. There are several bits of it that I call bullshit on and that I believe are embellished, but most of the things Funk and I debate on, he is almost always proved wrong.
Why am I not surprised that you call bullshit on a post that casts BYU fans in a less than perfect light?

Old 09-21-2007, 05:19 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Honestly, I like the fact that there are a few inactives and criminals who like the Y. We need a few more rough characters in our camp. It counteracts some of the extreme zoob dorkiness in Cougar nation, at least for me. I feel better already.
If you want the prisoner's address, I'm sure he'd appreciate a pen pal.