cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Jimmer preseason MWC frosh?

Very impressive, if true.

I saw him play in a semi-organized scrimmage this summer with other BYU players + Keena. Jimmer was very confident, more athletic (big, buff, and good hops) than I expected, and SWEET jumper. But he did lack in lateral movement and quickness.

Also, I said before Loyd looked good. I saw a picture of Lamont Morgan, the JC transfer point guard, on Rhiannan's blog. That might have been the guy I saw. Anyway, I saw a short, skinny black point guard with corn rows that looked pretty good. Cat quick, good ball handling, looked like he could handle the point. I assumed it was Loyd, it might have been Morgan. Whoever it was, he has a chance to become BYU's starting point guard this season. Murdock will have it initially, but someone might dislodge him by Christmas.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Very impressive, if true.

I saw him play in a semi-organized scrimmage this summer with other BYU players + Keena. Jimmer was very confident, more athletic (big, buff, and good hops) than I expected, and SWEET jumper. But he did lack in lateral movement and quickness.

Also, I said before Loyd looked good. I saw a picture of Lamont Morgan, the JC transfer point guard, on Rhiannan's blog. That might have been the guy I saw. Anyway, I saw a short, skinny black point guard with corn rows that looked pretty good. Cat quick, good ball handling, looked like he could handle the point. I assumed it was Loyd, it might have been Morgan. Whoever it was, he has a chance to become BYU's starting point guard this season. Murdock will have it initially, but someone might dislodge him by Christmas.
I told you Fredette was good. However, I was wrong about him playing the pg. He will be a two at BYU. I thought he would be another Nate Call type. Recall that Fredette was also an all district wide out his junior year but chose to forego football as a senior to prepare for hoops.

If Morgan can be a solid pg, this BYU team has some potential. I think they can be better than Rose's first team, but unless Tavernari becomes a go to guy I doubt they can be as good as last years. Last year was really a solid BYU squad that had a great year, just so unfortunate they choked away a very winnable game against Xavier.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

It will be interesting to see if he can win that award. Remember, last year Stephen Weigh was the preseason freshman of the year. He amounted to very little last year. With that said, Weigh, from all reports, is looking very good this year and will be very important for the team.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 AM   #4
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
It will be interesting to see if he can win that award. Remember, last year Stephen Weigh was the preseason freshman of the year. He amounted to very little last year. With that said, Weigh, from all reports, is looking very good this year and will be very important for the team.
I have long since waxed eloquent on why Aussie's flop as freshman and then rebound hard as sophs, it is all about the direction the water swirls in the toilet.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:00 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I have long since waxed eloquent on why Aussie's flop as freshman and then rebound hard as sophs, it is all about the direction the water swirls in the toilet.
While I'd like to agree with you on that, the Coriolis effect doesn't really have anything to do with which way the water spins down a drain:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corioli...bs_and_toilets

Then again, perhaps toilets down under send the water into the bowl from the opposite direction than they do here in the US. If that's the case, the kids may have been homesick each time they relieved themselves.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 10-18-2007 at 01:02 AM.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote