cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Mike, out of curiosity.....wondering about your character....

What if your bishop summoned you to a private conference: When you arrive a General Authority is there with the bishop; he flew all the way down to Dallas from SLC just this morning, just to see you here. They tell you they have learned that you host a web site that has been a platform not only for heresy, but also a medium for dialogue in which purported "active members" have expounded false doctrines. Then they produce a list of board names, which includes not only yours truly and a couple of other admitted apostates, but also many that you know are true believers though they think outside the LDS box. They demand that you pull the plug on the board, or else they will take appropriate action against you. They demand that you name names so that the "perpetrators of false doctrine" can be dealt with. They give you a bishop's court subpoena for all your records reagarding the site.

Would you yield to the authorities? Would you squeal?

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 08-18-2006 at 04:27 AM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

that would be hilarious.

I would probably pull a Juanita Brooks.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
What if your bishop summoned you to a private conference: When you arrive the a General Authority is there with the bishop; he flew all the way down to Dallas from SLC just this morning, just to see you here. They tell you they have learned that you host a web site that has been a platform not only for heresy, but also a medium for dialogue in which purported "active members" have expounded false doctrines. Then they produce a list of board names, which includes not only yours truly and a couple of other admitted apostates, but also many that you know are true believers though they think outside the LDS box. They demand that you pull the plug on the board, or else they will take appropriate action against you. They demand that you name names so that the "perpetrators of false doctrine" can be dealt with. They give you a bishop's court subpoena for all your records reagarding the site.

He doesn't have my name.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

"So if I flip, no callings for five years, no talks, no home teaching assignments, and 5% tithing? And this agreement is written on that contact AND in heaven? Cause I don't want to find myself with people like SeattleUte in the telestial kingdom because you didn't get a prior auth from customer support in Kolob."
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What if your bishop summoned you to a private conference: When you arrive the a General Authority is there with the bishop; he flew all the way down to Dallas from SLC just this morning, just to see you here. They tell you they have learned that you host a web site that has been a platform not only for heresy, but also a medium for dialogue in which purported "active members" have expounded false doctrines. Then they produce a list of board names, which includes not only yours truly and a couple of other admitted apostates, but also many that you know are true believers though they think outside the LDS box. They demand that you pull the plug on the board, or else they will take appropriate action against you. They demand that you name names so that the "perpetrators of false doctrine" can be dealt with. They give you a bishop's court subpoena for all your records reagarding the site.

LOL, now thats just funny.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #6
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
"So if I flip, no callings for five years, no talks, no home teaching assignments, and 5% tithing? And this agreement is written on that contact AND in heaven? Cause I don't want to find myself with people like SeattleUte in the telestial kingdom because you didn't get a prior auth from customer support in Kolob."
Five years of hard labor doing fast offerings. In rural backwaters with many vicious dogs.

—Paul Auster
Old 08-18-2006, 04:53 AM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Five years of hard labor doing fast offerings. In rural backwaters with many vicious dogs.
For you or Mike, I'm not certain which level of purgatory the two of you intend to make your permanent abode.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:19 AM   #8
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
For you or Mike, I'm not certain which level of purgatory the two of you intend to make your permanent abode.
More and more it's starting to look like the Telestial Kingdom is going to be the rad place to be. I know CB has had a hand in lowering the CK's prestige. All by himself IndyCoug has had a lot to do with this. The TelK has had its share of bad press and associated stigma but it won't be long before the real estate values there rise beyond what could fairly be called "good value" levels.

—Paul Auster