cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my wife and i are thinking about moving south..

when i say south, i'm talking about buying a home in The Ranches, Eagle Mountain, Lehi, Sarartoga Springs area. it's all the same to me. do any of you have any recommendations? which area do you like the best? which has the best access to the freeways, etc. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy in Ogden....

Commuter rail will be here soon, housing prices are cheap, has the best access to recreation along the Wasatch Front.....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:51 PM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously Fus, does anyone move to Ogden? Aren't the only people that live there, born there? Why would anyone make a concious effort to move to Ogden?

Move to Salt Lake City. Pay more money for a house, be close to downtown and party like its 1969!
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride
when i say south, i'm talking about buying a home in The Ranches, Eagle Mountain, Lehi, Sarartoga Springs area. it's all the same to me. do any of you have any recommendations? which area do you like the best? which has the best access to the freeways, etc. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
Not much help here, seeing how I've not heard of 3 of 4 of those places.

I'm guessing these are some of the new towns that have popped up out near Utah Lake in the last few years?
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I have relatives who have recently moved to the Highland/Alpine area, which is the Thanksgiving Point exit. Traffic is not bad because the main road that heads east towards Timpanogos (11000 North / Hwy 92) is a 50 mph road, meaning everyone goes 60. And now that the carpool lane construction has been completed around the point of the mountain, you don't get the slowing around 10600 South that you used to.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

My brother in law just moved to Saratoga springs right out by the Lake and it is really nice out there. It isn't what you'd call freeway accessable, although you can take Redwood and hook up to Bangater (sp) and head North from his neighborhood fairly easily. Nice houses that seem pretty afordable in that area.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #7
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Buy in Ogden....

Commuter rail will be here soon, housing prices are cheap, has the best access to recreation along the Wasatch Front.....
it's hard enough dragging my wife to tailgates 4 hours before kickoff from Salt Lake.... it will be even harder from Ogden. the key is to get closer to BYU football, not further away..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #8
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
Seriously Fus, does anyone move to Ogden? Aren't the only people that live there, born there? Why would anyone make a concious effort to move to Ogden?

Move to Salt Lake City. Pay more money for a house, be close to downtown and party like its 1969!
it looks like we're going to stay in salt lake city. probably around the canyon rim area. we'll see though.

"I'm on my beater bike"