cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 04:43 AM   #1
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default So how do you get banned for life

on CB? Is it possible to post under multiple accounts? I don't know enough about internet crap to know what kinds of cereal bowls are in place.

Regards,
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:32 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it's possible to post under multiple accounts, but el Jefe is really, really, really tough to fool.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

he can ban an account....but I would think it would be tough to enforce a lifetime ban against a human being. He wouldn't necessarily know where a new account came from (if you were careful).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So how do you get banned for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
on CB? Is it possible to post under multiple accounts? I don't know enough about internet crap to know what kinds of cereal bowls are in place.

Regards,
Brian
LOL, not sure, but I think an old poster named teeth might know
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #5
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So how do you get banned for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian

Regards,
Brian
LOL, not sure, but I think an old poster named teeth might know
Who is teeth on Cougarboard? I used to like his posts on Cougartalk.

If you want to know how to get banned for life, it was pretty easy for me. I posted this in another thread. My patience was running thin with moderators continually deleting and censoring my posts. As for how to enforce it, I don't have any desire to circumvent the lifetime ban, but they do spend extensive efforts policing double accounts.

"I said the following to the moderators in an appeal after getting a post deleted that was criticism of Pres. Samuelson over the KW/Bronco fiasco. I'm not proud of losing my cool but its kinda funny to hear people occasionally theorize about what awful thing I must have done to get banned for life.

Appeal: Why in the freaking hell do you guys want to control and manipulate the board thought? Bernard's an idiot. You guys need to get him off the moderation council and into BYU administration where he belongs. If any of you wonder what is wrong with BYU and church culture so badly that they need to fire scapegoats for Honor Code issues and take everything up and down through a committee before it's OK to make a decision, you can start by looking at yourselves and question why you so badly need to manipulate and control BYU sports discussion. And yes, I know that's a run-on sentence but I'm too lazy and in too much of a hurry to fix it, so kiss my ass before going to the grammar card like PAC did in one of my last moderator rants."
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:16 PM   #6
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I think I have been banned for life from CB...

On the night of BYU's loss to SDSU last season, I posted and invited El Jefe to do something to me that isnt very PC. My account is still active, and I can log in, just cant post. Any computer that I log in on gets "marked" and is prevented from posting.

I am new to this board, by the way. This is my first post.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:39 AM   #7
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
If you want to know how to get banned for life, it was pretty easy for me. I posted this in another thread. My patience was running thin with moderators continually deleting and censoring my posts.
Not hard to figure out why you earned the lifetime ban.

You showed a complete inability to accept that fact that Cougarboard is not your home. And as such, the owner has the right to kick you out whenever the hell he wants.

Your reponse indicated that you'd never be able to accept that, so they banned you indefinitely.

Simple.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote