cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 03:43 AM   #1
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congrats to your Spurs, junkie

they're a great team. Of course, it helps when Javie is officiating.

No tears from me. Jazz have been terrific this post season. If someone told me at the begining of the season that Utah would be playing in the conference finals, I'd have been elated.

I still have to say that the NBA is still an inferior product to the college game. Far too much whining and flopping from people who are supposed to be the best in the world.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:50 AM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I'd like to add my congrats Junkie.

The Spurs will win it all and get their 4th title in 9 years. I think that's dynasty like.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 AM   #3
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Spurs are too good.

That was the most sickening 4th quarter I have ever seen though.
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:36 AM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug View Post
Spurs are too good.

That was indeed painful to watch.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:38 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug View Post
Spurs are too good.

Spurs shoot 25 free throws and the Jazz shoot 2 in the 4th quarter. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd think that is a red flag.

For me, I won't have to watch the NBA after this series and that is a good thing.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:09 AM   #6
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

well you guys on here are a lot classier than the fans at the game. First of all that was a fun game, mostly due to the section i sat in.

A quick recap:
1. I was in full Spurs gear, i felt very alone.

2. The lady behind me tells me to sit back in my seat and not to lean forward because she cant see, i wasnt even standing. She was really drunk and the whole game kept yelling profanities at me.

3. After a Ginobili 3 in the first quarter i stand up and this big dude behind me tells me to sit the F*** down, then he calls me a mother F****er. I turned around and got pretty upset so we started pushing each other, when the kid next to me who was a jazz fan but i wasnt with, stands up for me and starts yelling at this guy and the lady that told me to sit back earlier, he goes off for like an hour, then the whole game this kid and the lady are yelling profanities at each other, it was hilarious, i couldnt stop laughing, this kid was so drunk he kept saying
"Ive got your back spurs fan, dont worry"

4. Then at the end of the game the kid in front of me launches a drink on the court, he was a little short but it was completely full. This guy above us runs and tells security and they start fighting.

Overall it was a fun night. i agree some bad calls, however the jazz were down 65-64 with all the momentum in the world and had 5 possessions to take the lead and couldnt, also offensive rebounds were huge in this game, and then Utah turned in to the warriors and lost their cool.

The Spurs still need to close it out, i really dont want to have to come back to Utah.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:26 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Personally, I thought the fan behavior was great. The officials need to know when they're doing a lousy job. Heaven knows the leagues won't tell them.

I think the Spurs will win game 5, but I believe that Sloan will challenge his players manhood and the Jazz will turn up the physical play a notch or two and pound the crap out of the Spurs.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 AM   #8
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Personally, I thought the fan behavior was great. The officials need to know when they're doing a lousy job. Heaven knows the leagues won't tell them.

I think the Spurs will win game 5, but I believe that Sloan will challenge his players manhood and the Jazz will turn up the physical play a notch or two and pound the crap out of the Spurs.
hey if you want to have some fun trolling tonight go to cougarboard and pretend to be a spurs fan. I honestly think BRJ8 is going ot cry.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:27 AM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

The Spurs shot 41 Free throws.......25 of them in the 4th quarter.

lol..................No matter how biased one person is towards another team that's just sickening officiating. Even transparent trolling can't justify that bullshit. In the end only David Stern and some Spurs fans would say that was good officiating.

It was easily the worse officiated game I've ever watched. The refs melted down,,,bad and bought into pussy style basketball...aka flopping...but the Spurs are still a great basketball team. Pussies that have earned the distinction of being hated...most great teams are hated,,but they're hated for different reasons than most great teams. People hate their pussy style of flopping when they play,,,in other words unlike other great teams,,,they deserve to be hated and are a direct reason why the NBA ratings are dropping like a rock....because people hate watching them, but they also deserve the championship if they win it all.... they are still a great team and Duncan is one of the all time greats and I can't take that away from him. He & Finley I've a lot of respect for.

Having said that,,the Jazz still stunk it up in the 4th.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 05-29-2007 at 06:40 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #10
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

I really, really, really hate the Jazz. But I love them compared to the Spurs. I watched the game tonight to torture myself (and since the only other team I hate is the Pistons, these games will be the last I'll see until November. Having said that I just can't bring myself to believe that the officials are dumb enough to fall for all the flopping, it really detracts from the game. And it is so obvious.

The Jazz probably would not have won anyway, but I wish they would have so the Spurs would break apart their core. Now we are sentenced to another year or two (or more) of abominable basketball and Greg Popovich.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote