cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Whittingham is an idiot.

He is running up the score to try to make a statement. Rather than making a statement that makes him look like a fool, why not make a statement consistently throughout the year by winning his games?

Utah has no room to talk in the MWC. Outside of 2 years with a great coach, Utah hasn't done much of anything in the conference, and under Whittingham, they have been anything but spectacular.

2005: They tied for 3rd with 3 other teams, behind 2 teams who tied for 2nd, and TCU in first, meaning they finished better than just 3 teams in the MWC.

2006: Third again.

2007: Currently in... third.

If you want people to take you seriously, beating Wyoming with trick plays, fake punts, and onside kicks isn't going to go nearly as far as beating UNLV (as opposed to being shut out by them).

Utah could also actually try winning the conference, as opposed to playing their entire season with the aim of winning just their biggest games.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
He is running up the score to try to make a statement. Rather than making a statement that makes him look like a fool, why not make a statement consistently throughout the year by winning his games?

Utah has no room to talk in the MWC. Outside of 2 years with a great coach, Utah hasn't done much of anything in the conference, and under Whittingham, they have been anything but spectacular.

2005: They tied for 3rd with 3 other teams, behind 2 teams who tied for 2nd, and TCU in first, meaning they finished better than just 3 teams in the MWC.

If you want people to take you seriously, beating Wyoming with trick plays, fake punts, and onside kicks isn't going to go nearly as far as beating UNLV (as opposed to being shut out by them).

Utah could also actually try winning the conference, as opposed to playing their entire season with the aim of winning just their biggest games.
Tied for second, aren't they?

And we've already been informed that winning the conference championship isn't that big a deal, so you should stop sporting wood over that. Or something like that.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
Tied for second, aren't they?

And we've already been informed that winning the conference championship isn't that big a deal, so you should stop sporting wood over that. Or something like that.
Still in third- they are a win behind Air Force with even losses.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like someone is a bit concerned about Nov. 24th.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
It sounds like someone is a bit concerned about Nov. 24th.
??

Is that what you got out of my post?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
??

Is that what you got out of my post?
Yes, it is.

You're pointing out that Utah has done nothing outside of '04 and '03 in the conference, which is true, but if I misunderstood what you're saying, then you need to communicate better.

What are you saying?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
Cali Coug

Quote:
Yes, it is.

You're pointing out that Utah has done nothing outside of '04 and '03 in the conference, which is true, but if I misunderstood what you're saying, then you need to communicate better.

What are you saying?
What I am saying is that rather than make statements about how great your team is by beating a nobody and running up the score, why not actually show that your team is great by winning the conference and being consistently good (which Utah hasn't done in the MWC other than under Meyer).

But even if my sole point was the same as your characterization of my post, I still don't get what your characterization of my post has to do with being concerned on November 24?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

I said that you sound concerned about the 24th because Utah just might win that game. It's just some weak rivalry smack. That's all.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #9
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

Boy, does this post belong on CB or what. This is one of the most unintelligent posts I've seen. Whittingham started out with next to nothing (unlike BM), a team that had to be completely rebuilt, and then lost his starting quarterback for about half the games he's coached. Yet he's 22-13 overall, with some monstrer victories, unsurpassed by any of his predecossors. The past seven weeks have provided a breathtaking preview of Whittingham's potential with his own squad rebuilt from top to bottom and reasonably healthy. You are demonstrating the intellecutal rigor and emotional maturity of Mr Crimson. You probably think Rome took way too long to build.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #10
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default This seems to be the defacto argument Ute fans have made...

Quote:
I said that you sound concerned about the 24th because Utah just might win that game. It's just some weak rivalry smack. That's all.
When BYU fans have criticized Kyle's behavior. Our criticisms somehow equate to a rising fear of BYU losing to Utah.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote