cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Les Miles still wants the Michigan job

I was reading on the Michigan Rivals site and they are saying that Bill Martin (michigans AD) did not want Les Miles but he was just trying to keep the boosters happy by pretending to show interest. Les Miles really wanted the job and eventhough he signed an extension with LSU the buyout is still the same as before so it wouldnt cost Michigan anything extra if they still wanted Miles.

Martin wanted Schiano and put all his eggs in that basket. Now that Schiano has turned him down he is scrambling. Michigan fans have flooded his inbox with emails supporting Miles. They even have a petition with several thousand names pledging money to pay Miles buyout.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

I think Miles is a good coach. However, if I were out looking for somebody to help build my program, I don't know that Miles would be the top guy on my list. I don't know why I'm not sold that he would be successful at Michigan; he might be. But I'm just not sold on him being a great coach. Of course, I'm trying to think of who I would want in place of him, and I'm drawing a blank, so there you go.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I think Miles is a good coach. However, if I were out looking for somebody to help build my program, I don't know that Miles would be the top guy on my list. I don't know why I'm not sold that he would be successful at Michigan; he might be. But I'm just not sold on him being a great coach. Of course, I'm trying to think of who I would want in place of him, and I'm drawing a blank, so there you go.
The think with Les is that he is a great recruiter, he may not be a great coach but he surrounds himself with great coaches. I think he would be very good at Michigan.