cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landis Ho!

Very interesting Landis Interview. Almost makes me beleive in him again.

http://beta.velonews.com/article/71315
Old 01-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

the best part is the hasty judgment of the interviewer:

Quote:
FL: That’s not true. That’s a lie. In fact Steve Johnson admitted it in the questions I asked him. He explained that USA Cycling is not responsible for deciding [a sentence], they are only responsible for enforcing it. That means that had he paid attention, and made the decision that that was the wrong outcome, he was not under any obligation to enforce it. It’s evident in the way the Spanish federation has dealt with Iban Mayo, where the UCI just goes around shopping for test results that they like.

The Spanish federation decided we’re not going to enforce that, sorry. That’s what Steve Johnson could have done — had he been astute enough to pay attention and intelligent enough to understand it. It’s possible he’s not smart enough to understand the science. But in that case he shouldn’t be in charge of USA Cycling.

NR: Well he was a professor of exercise physiology at the University of Utah, so I think we can rule out that theory.

FL: I will tell you, right now, absolutely, without any question, he lied in that answer. He paid attention. He lied. He knows it. He just doesn’t want to answer the question.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote