cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paging CJF

I keep hearing about you getting into a fight with a member of the Stanford band during the away game there a few years back. Would you mind giving us the lowdown on that one if it's true?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I keep hearing about you getting into a fight with a member of the Stanford band during the away game there a few years back. Would you mind giving us the lowdown on that one if it's true?
You keep hearing about it? It was in 2004.

At that time in my life I was an under-sexed ball of frustration. My only chance for relief was the dreams of top 20 finishes and all-americans quarterbacks. Imagine Y'z Guy pre-marriage but a little bigger than 125 pounds.

We've gone 22-4 the last two years, I moved to the Philippines where other frustrations were relieved. I've all but blocked out all of the Crowton years. Besides, I'm not sure if the statute of limitations is up yet.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
I moved to the Philippines where other frustrations were relieved.
I just hope you used protection.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I just hope you used protection.
Why? He was just upset at not being able to find a Jollibee in Utah. So he hopped on a plane and relieved years of gastronomic frustration.

Yum....palabok fiesta and sweet spaghetti sauce!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #5
SteelBlue

Quote:
You keep hearing about it? It was in 2004.

At that time in my life I was an under-sexed ball of frustration. My only chance for relief was the dreams of top 20 finishes and all-americans quarterbacks. Imagine Y'z Guy pre-marriage but a little bigger than 125 pounds.

We've gone 22-4 the last two years, I moved to the Philippines where other frustrations were relieved. I've all but blocked out all of the Crowton years. Besides, I'm not sure if the statute of limitations is up yet.
It gets referenced a lot. I've heard it referenced a few times this year already. Now c'mon, out with the story.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Was that the year the Stanford band made fun of our polygamous heritage?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:46 AM   #7
CJF

Quote:
It gets referenced a lot. I've heard it referenced a few times this year already. Now c'mon, out with the story.
Long story short. Stanford band did their halftime show again after the game in front of their donors. We went down to express our displeasure in their recital. After about 10 minutes of giving them death looks security asked us to leave. We had to walk all the way around the stadium that the 4H built. Took us about 15 minutes to get our parking lot. As we got there, the band was crossing the street and walked right in front of us.

A few words were exchanged, a trumpet was destroyed and a kid who is probably still more sexually frustrated than I was at the time was left crying. The Ken Jennings Jeopardy mock dropped the costume and ran like a little girl. Good times.

That's the Readers Digest version. At the time I thought it was pretty funny. Now it's rather embarrassing.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #8
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

My take on the LSUJMB is that they are actually pretty funny. They do things for the shock value. Often, they cross the line, but so did guys like Lenny Bruce and Andy Kaufman.

In the mid 90s, during halftime of the SC game at their yard, they drove a white bronco around the track. the bronco had red handprints all over it.

They also punked FUCLA once by forming a handicapped symbol on the field..they also wheeled the Tree out in a wheelchair.

Neither of these things offended me too much, but once against Notre Dame they came out and the band leader led the band dressed as a nun and waving a large wooden cross. Once you start mocking religious symbols, I think you have crossed the line for a college football game.

So while I do find their antics to be funny, I also think that they are fair game for a tasty knuckle sandwich. Having met CJF and being able to comprehend the potential impact of his punch-throwing abilities, I can only wish that I were there to see some of those band nerds run in fear.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #9
SteelBlue

Quote:

A few words were exchanged, a trumpet was destroyed and a kid who is probably still more sexually frustrated than I was at the time was left crying.
This line is really funny if read in the Monson style of talk giving.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #10
CJF

Quote:
This line is really funny if read in the Monson style of talk giving.
I actually tried to put that into Monson verbiage.

I'll give you the full version of the event at a tailgate next season if you're still interested.