cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default BYU's dirty little secret

BYU's five opponents through this Saturday have ONE DI victory between them in six weeks of football. Here's how you become an NC contender in the BCS, it appears. Beat five teams with one DI vicotory between them, three at home, a fourth inside your state, and skip playing one week altogether.

BM's formula for success.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
BYU's five opponents through this Saturday have ONE DI victory between them in six weeks of football. Here's how you become an NC contender in the BCS, it appears. Beat five teams with one DI vicotory between them, three at home, a fourth inside your state, and skip playing one week altogether.

You are truly proving that you are not a Ute fan but a BYU hater.

How is Georgetowns football team doing this year?
Old 09-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
You are truly proving that you are not a Ute fan but a BYU hater.
Which one of us is going to the Utah game dressed like a Beaver on Thursday?

—Paul Auster
Old 09-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You're a lesbian?
Old 09-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #5
cougjunkie

Quote:
I have personal interest in the Oregon state football team, I went to the Civil war last year dressed in beaver gear as well. Next year I will be at UNLV dressed in beaver gear. Dont think Utah is special, it just happens to be close in proximity to my house.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #6
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I have personal interest in the Oregon state football team, I went to the Civil war last year dressed in beaver gear as well. Next year I will be at UNLV dressed in beaver gear. Dont think Utah is special, it just happens to be close in proximity to my house.
People who know me best know I love the Utes. You can't take that from me. It's unfortunate you have to resort to ad hominem attacks.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #7
cougjunkie

Quote:
People who know me best know I love the Utes. You can't take that from me. It's unfortunate you have to resort to ad hominem attacks.
I am glad you love Utah. But it seems to me you have an obsession with BYU right now. Like I said earlier the good thing is BYU and UTah will have 8 common opponents as well as a head to head matchup by the end of the season. So we will truly know which team is better. Until then we will have to take the voters word for it.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:06 AM   #8
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Don't let your zeal at disparaging BYU cloud what little judgment you may possess in the field of sports commentary. By the time the season is over, Utah's and BYU's SOS will be quite similar, even with UW going into the tank with Locker's injury and Willingham's pending retirement. Meanwhile, BYU's high ranking, deserved or not, is great for Utah. Utah will benefit from this if it beats BYU in November, and I concede that's a distinct possibility. In the unlikely event BYU wins out, Utah will still receive a handsome paycheck, while having little basis to question BYU's qualifications.

So stop carping about meaningless stats and focus on KW's perennial Quest for Something Higher Than Third Place.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:46 AM   #9
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Ohio not D1? UCLA beat #17 (at the time) Tennesse. Wyoming has beaten Ohio. I believe Idaho is also Division 1.

Are you lying or just stupid?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:18 AM   #10
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

It amazes me the deep amount of national esteem and respect that is being shown towards BYU and Bronco Mendenhall. Clearly the voters recognize that BYU's greatness is obvious in an objective qualitative analysis.

Suck on it Utenation...Cougs Rule!