cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Great LOST episode

If you haven't seen this clue, you need to

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2...-time-and.html

"Only fools are enslaved by time and space." We have seen the time element. Maybe we will see the space element as well, and that is why no one can apparently leave the island, except for the Others, who seem to have a secret about it.

I liked how they gave us the twist at the end with Charlie. As soon as the woman told Desmond you can't beat fate and that the guy would die in another accident if they saved him, I told my wife this means Claire is going to die. I liked how they twisted it on us.

I think the most important theme in the whole story is going to end up the love story between Desmond and Penny.

The writers seem to have made a shift in this show once they announced they would announce an end date and not let it go forever. When we were getting all the stuff about the other group of survivors and Libby and Anna Lucia dying and all that, the story seemed to be just winding around lacking a larger vision. I now again feel like each week is part of a large vision.

Next week's episode looks good.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. They finally found their way again this episode.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

P.S. I have been reading some of the Lost posts on the USA Today blog, and I think many are missing a key point on Desmond. Penny's dad ripped him as not being a great man. He seemed to take this to heart and believe it. Then the lady told him his purpose was in entering the numbers and saving everyone. This seems to be misinterpreted by the blog posters and possibly Desmond himself, as reinforcing his belief that he is not a great man, since entering the numbers is a mundane task. Au Contraire! Desmond is a Christ type and sacrificed his life to save the whole world, (the time travel is not the only element this episode had in common with Donnie Darko). He is a great man and has shown his greatness.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote