cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default weekend DVD watching

This weekend we saw Finding Comedy in a Muslim World, Pirates of the Caribbean II, Chronicles of Narnea, and Crash. Crash was by far the best one. Tried to rent Little Ms. Sunshine but it was out. We also keep trying to get disc 3 of season 2 of Arrested Development, but can't ever find it in.

What good movies did folks see?
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

I had to watch Cars. Again.

Which actually is a pretty good movie. I love the Miatas.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw Little Miss Sunshine and Step Up.

Step Up was for the wife, but I found myself decently entertained. Wasn't a great film.

Little Miss Sunshine was ok, and not as funny as my brother hyped it up to be. There were definitely some funny parts, but also some depressing parts. I think they call this film a "dramedy". I don't get it.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:24 AM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
This weekend we saw Finding Comedy in a Muslim World, Pirates of the Caribbean II, Chronicles of Narnea, and Crash. Crash was by far the best one. Tried to rent Little Ms. Sunshine but it was out. We also keep trying to get disc 3 of season 2 of Arrested Development, but can't ever find it in.

What good movies did folks see?
What did you think of Finding Comedy in a Muslim World? I kept wanting to laugh, but it just wasn't that funny. It's a good idea for a movie, but Albert Brooks couldn't pull it off.

I also watched Pirates II. I was pissed that I had to sit through two and a half hours of a movie that had no conclusion. Also, I think there should be a rule where a movie can only have one scene that shows people rolling around on either a gigantic ball or wheel for an extended time.

I watched Goodfella's the other day. I always enjoy watching the glorification of organized crime.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:27 AM   #5
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I also watched Pirates II. I was pissed that I had to sit through two and a half hours of a movie that had no conclusion. Also, I think there should be a rule where a movie can only have one scene that shows people rolling around on either a gigantic ball or wheel for an extended time.
This scene in pirates was way to long, the run on the wheel, went on and on and on and on and on and on. It ruined the movie for me.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:19 AM   #6
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Brooks' film was very uneven. I thought the beginning was hilarious, but it definitely trailed off after the perfromance at the theaqter in India. The stuff about going to Pakistan was pretty weak, which disappointed me becasue I really like Brooks.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:44 AM   #7
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
What did you think of Finding Comedy in a Muslim World? I kept wanting to laugh, but it just wasn't that funny. It's a good idea for a movie, but Albert Brooks couldn't pull it off.

I watched Goodfella's the other day. I always enjoy watching the glorification of organized crime.
Finding Comedy was decent. I laughed out loud a few times, but it was disappointing. The funny parts were only sporadic. I think my favorite part was 'Al Jazeera - E'. To be honest, I fell asleep during Pirates. I thought it was boring.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:15 AM   #8
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

i watched 'Click' and seriously, it was truly awful. Boring, long winded and brutal. Yuck. I also saw 'The Descent' and I liked it quite a bit. Pretty intense.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:34 AM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched Talladega Nights. "Shake and bake!"

I thought it was funny in an immature way, tho not as funny as Old School.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #10
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

We watched Cars, Pirates II, and Talladega Nights. I enjoyed Cars probably the best of them all.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote