cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has Austin Collie ever looked so feeble before?

I imagine he'll respond with some breakout games, but he looked awful.

Last edited by Archaea; 10-14-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree. He should have caught that TD pass and the long one down the right sideline... even though both grabs would have been pretty impressive. I expect impressive from him. Is he still hurt?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Both passes were underthrown, but he could have caught them. Perhaps his recent injury has made him a little tentative.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I imagine he'll respond with some breakout games, but he looked awful.
This post is emblematic of ignorance and poor athletic and football judgement and knowledge that permeates fans on Cougarboard.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
This post is emblematic of ignorance and poor athletic and football judgement and knowledge that permeates fans on Cougarboard.
He bobbled one easy out, and the two long passes could have been caught by him and may have been caught by him in another game.

Until you become a coach or a pro scout, your opinions of your football assessment skills are on par with the rest of us bucko.

He was not on his game. The simple out where he bobbled it was not typical of his skills.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:55 AM   #6
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
He bobbled one easy out, and the two long passes could have been caught by him and may have been caught by him in another game.

Until you become a coach or a pro scout, your opinions of your football assessment skills are on par with the rest of us bucko.

He was not on his game. The simple out where he bobbled it was not typical of his skills.
Collie is playing with a bad ankle and bad ribs. Cut him some slack.

My opinions are supreme to yours in football and especially basketball. Your factually incorrect opinions and assessments of Collie's performance tell me that you're inability to understand a gameplan from coaches exposes your retardation of understanding of a game plan and the solid game plan that UNLV's defensive coaches used in focusing on stopping our Wideouts. NONE...I repeat...NONE of the Wideouts had much, (save Allens fumble) if any effect on the game and that was by design. UNLV's coaches made a conscious decision to focus on double teaming Collie often by pulling over a safety on many plays. They clearly wanted to take lessen the impact of the WR in the game.

BYU tried a few different plays to get Collie involved because of this...and that we've not seen with Collie very much and that was the underneath crossing screens, but UNLV reacted well to those.

The plays where Collie was thrown the ball to him on the underneath crossing screen patterns were well defended by UNLV.

On the long pass to Collie....Collie had to readjust to an underthrown ball and nearly came away with a spectacular catch. On the endzone fade, the defender simply made a very good play.

Your opinion is factually incorrect on Collie playing a poor game.

You're a smart guy, but you've got a lot to learn about the game, watching the game within the game and understanding the nuances of a gameplan and how it's executed and adjusted.

Anae tried a few times to get Collie involved, and UNLV simply had him scouted and defended well last night.

Hall is the one who had a terrible game, not Collie.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 10-15-2007 at 12:58 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 AM   #7
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

My opinions are supreme to yours in football and especially basketball. Your factually incorrect opinions and assessments of Collie's performance tell me that you're inability to understand a gameplan from coaches exposes your retardation of understanding of a game plan and the solid game plan that UNLV's defensive coaches used in focusing on stopping our Wideouts. NONE...I repeat...NONE of the Wideouts had much, (save Allens fumble) if any effect on the game and that was by design. UNLV's coaches made a conscious decision to focus on double teaming Collie often by pulling over a safety on many plays.

BYU tried a few different plays that we've not seen with Collie very much and that was the underneath crossing screens, but UNLV reacted well to those.

The plays where Collie was thrown the ball to him on the underneath crossing screen patterns were well scouted by UNLV.

On the long pass to Collie....Collie had to readjust to an underthrown ball and nearly came away with a spectacular catch. On the endzone fade, the defender simply made a very good play.

Your opinion is factually incorrect.

You're a smart guy, but you've got a lot to learn about the game, watching the game within the game and understanding the nuances of a gameplan and how it's executed and adjusted.

Anae tried a few times to get Collie involved, and UNLV simply had him scouted and defended well last night.
I agree with most of this, except on the endzone fade Collie had his man beat and Hall underthrew him,
Old 10-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #8
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I agree with most of this, except on the endzone fade Collie had his man beat and Hall underthrew him,
Hall certainly underthrew Collie, but the defender did recover and make a decent play.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:05 AM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

All I have to say is that after watching the Tech game, Collie cannot hold Crabtree's jock. He can't even sniff it from 10 yards away.

Collie is pretty good for a BYU receiver. He's no Wes Welker though, or Kevin Curtis (current yardsticks for white receivers).

He is significantly better than McKay Jacobsen.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:38 AM   #10
Archaea

Quote:

My opinions are supreme to yours in football and especially basketball. Your factually incorrect opinions and assessments of Collie's performance tell me that you're inability to understand a gameplan from coaches exposes your retardation of understanding of a game plan and the solid game plan that UNLV's defensive coaches used in focusing on stopping our Wideouts. NONE...I repeat...NONE of the Wideouts had much, (save Allens fumble) if any effect on the game and that was by design. UNLV's coaches made a conscious decision to focus on double teaming Collie often by pulling over a safety on many plays. They clearly wanted to take lessen the impact of the WR in the game.

BYU tried a few different plays to get Collie involved because of this...and that we've not seen with Collie very much and that was the underneath crossing screens, but UNLV reacted well to those.

The plays where Collie was thrown the ball to him on the underneath crossing screen patterns were well defended by UNLV.

Your opinion is factually incorrect on Collie playing a poor game.

Hall is the one who had a terrible game, not Collie.
Why because you say so.

I'm not saying UNLV didn't have him scouted, but did you see the bobble on the short out?

And yes there was an underthrown pass on the fade. He is no Crabtree. My opinion has significantly lowered of him compared with national rated wideouts.