cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
OhioBlue

OhioBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost and Top Chef finales

All in one night. AND, because I was so engrossed in these two great shows, I was spared from suffering nary a peep about American Idol. Even better.

What a great night of TV watching. That Lost finale was nuts, and I am going to have a hard time waiting to see what happens next. Do Michael and Walt really get off the island? What are they doing to the other three? What was the white light stuff? What happened to Desmond, Locke, and Echo? And Penelope has the resources to track down Desmond? The Henry Gale character is really in charge? Crazy good episode.

As for Top Chef, it was clearly Harold's from the get-go, although they did a decent job making it look at times like it was kinda close. great moments there when everyone wanted to work with Harold. Stephen was clearly just being nice--a credit to him--when he chose to work with Tiffany. And how about the blatant lie about her input into Dave's desserts? That's just wrong--shows how little she's actually changed. I'm glad the guy who should've been in the final got some props for his cooking. And Harold was the man. Great show!
Old 05-25-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the LOST finale was a great episode.....for the middle of the season....

It answered zero questions, brought in multiple story lines, and really didn't resolve any of the previous story lines....

So Charlie has no idea if Eko is dead?

Did they reset the numbers when the light emcompassed the island?

Michael is going where?

Why did Tom use a fake beard?

Henry Gale was their leader?

Desmond was navigating a boat that got him to the island?

Holy cow there are a million questions, I found myself pissed and won't want season three until it is out on DVD...
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
OhioBlue

OhioBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
I thought the LOST finale was a great episode.....for the middle of the season....

It answered zero questions, brought in multiple story lines, and really didn't resolve any of the previous story lines....
Sorry bro, you and I must be watching a different show. Yes, there are a ton of new questions to be answered. But there are also things being answered in droves in each of the last several shows, particularly.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

it answered 0 questions? what were you watching? it was perfect.. it answered some good questions and brought on more. The end of last season brought multiple questions, but those were answered in short order.. for example, who were the people on the boat? what was in the hatch? I have no doubt that we will get the answers to most of those questions you posed, fus in the next season.. But be prepared, more question will be asked. That's what i love about this show.
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

So, Ohio, will you be watching "Hell's Kitchen" too?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #6
fusnik11

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug
it answered 0 questions? what were you watching? it was perfect.. it answered some good questions and brought on more. The end of last season brought multiple questions, but those were answered in short order.. for example, who were the people on the boat? what was in the hatch? I have no doubt that we will get the answers to most of those questions you posed, fus in the next season.. But be prepared, more question will be asked. That's what i love about this show.
What questions did it answer?

Who are the others?

What are they doing on the island?

How did they get there?

How are they contained on the island?

What's the black smoke?

Why does the island have a healing affect?

Why are all the persons previously connected?

All these questions were looming questions at the beginning of the season, and now after a long, drawn out season two, we still have no idea what the answers to these questions are....
Old 05-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

it answered how they got there, which is huge, and what happens when the button is not pushed, ie it's for real.. sure there are other questions, but that's what makes it great!
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #8
fusnik11

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug
it answered how they got there, which is huge, and what happens when the button is not pushed, ie it's for real.. sure there are other questions, but that's what makes it great!
So you accept this idea that a white light encompasses the island, and things start going crazy as an indication of what happens when the button is not pushed?

Answer me this question....

The pilots of the flight were lost, or not on their correct bearing right? We now 'know' that the island has a large magnetic force that attracted the plane, correct?

So is it just a huge coincidence that the plane was off course, and at that moment the plane was sucked in by a force originating from the island?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:43 PM   #9
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
So you accept this idea that a white light encompasses the island, and things start going crazy as an indication of what happens when the button is not pushed?

Answer me this question....

The pilots of the flight were lost, or not on their correct bearing right? We now 'know' that the island has a large magnetic force that attracted the plane, correct?

So is it just a huge coincidence that the plane was off course, and at that moment the plane was sucked in by a force originating from the island?
DU calme, frere, du calme.

If they answered everyhtring, they wouldn't be able to sell any advertising oin the season premier.

I thought it wqas quitre good. Moreover, along with lastg week's episode, it moved b otht he spiritual issues (faith and motivation) forward as well as the practical issues (where are they and can they leave). And what about Sayid?

The one thing that really bothers me about the show had nothing to do with the last couple of episodes. It is this: DOn't you think it is likely that thye would start a systematic exploration/mapping of the island? They seem to have such a little idea of where things are on the island. Last night for example, Jack doens't realize they are not close to the shore until they see whta at least a couple of them took as the signal from Sayid. I find that unlikely complete lack of intelligence anot the island's geography unlilely.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is unrealistic that they didn't execute Michael on the spot. I would have.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote