cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default So my entire family has walking pneumonia

It is said to be highly contagious and 2 of my kids tested positive for it. Pediatrician had my wife describe all of our symptoms and said she thinks all 6 of us have it.

93472 prescription copays later, we are quarantining ourselves at home and hopefully we can get helathy once and for all.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
It is said to be highly contagious and 2 of my kids tested positive for it. Pediatrician had my wife describe all of our symptoms and said she thinks all 6 of us have it.

93472 prescription copays later, we are quarantining ourselves at home and hopefully we can get helathy once and for all.
My 7 year old had to go to the hospital for a couple of days cause he was not getting enough oxygen when he had it about a month ago. Monitor the situation closely my friend.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

non-rich families call this "a cold".

I'm wrapping up the worst cold of my life. I've talked to other people and they tell me the same thing. It was really nasty this year.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
non-rich families call this "a cold".

I'm wrapping up the worst cold of my life. I've talked to other people and they tell me the same thing. It was really nasty this year.
All I know is the pediatrician did a blood test to confirm that's what it was ... so I'll assume you're just trolling.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
Flystripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
All I know is the pediatrician did a blood test to confirm that's what it was ... so I'll assume you're just trolling.
yes it can be tested for and it is not just a cold.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

FM, my little dude was in the hospital for 8 days with pneumonia. He just came home this weekend. We were trading nights sleeping in the hospital with him. It was miserable.

He is home now, but we have to give him nebulizer treatments every 4 hours, even through the night.

My wife and I have gone back into prevent defense like when the kids were first born. No church for them until April, when RSV season has ended. Too many people with colds that love to come to Church. or bring their sick kids to Church and let them go to nursery and primary and touch everything and sneeze everywhere and get everyone sick.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
Flystripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Too many people with colds that love to come to Church. or bring their sick kids to Church and let them go to nursery and primary and touch everything and sneeze everywhere and get everyone sick.
MAJOR PET PEEVE OF MINE!!!!!! (sorry about the excessive caps and punctuation but I had do so something for emphasis)

When my youngest was 2, there were 2 kids in the nursury one Sunday that had Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease and the parents knew it. I think they just wanted 2 hours of free babysitting. Our kids would get sick from nursury constantly.

Note to parents. STAY HOME WHEN YOUR KIDS ARE SICK it is incredibly rude to bring sick kids to church.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #8
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
MAJOR PET PEEVE OF MINE!!!!!! (sorry about the excessive caps and punctuation but I had do so something for emphasis)

When my youngest was 2, there were 2 kids in the nursury one Sunday that had Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease and the parents knew it. I think they just wanted 2 hours of free babysitting. Our kids would get sick from nursury constantly.

Note to parents. STAY HOME WHEN YOUR KIDS ARE SICK it is incredibly rude to bring sick kids to church.
Another pet peeve of mine......"Oh, my kid isnt contagious anymore because his/her snot is clear..." Meanwhile, the snotty kid is sneezing everywhere or wiping his hand on his runny nose than touching toys, chairs, and everything else, spreading snot germs.

Memo: if your nose is running with snot, your body is not well. This is not a sign of health.

Those who subscribe to this theory should spend some time in the Peds ICU and ask the doctors there how healthy and non-contagious your kid's runny snot is.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic467.htm

Is it this?

You would be amazed at how many people will go see their doctor for a cold. This is the reason I decided not to go into family medicine.

Oftentimes poor people have to be very sick before they will get medical treatment.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #10
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
My wife and I have gone back into prevent defense like when the kids were first born. No church for them until April, when RSV season has ended. Too many people with colds that love to come to Church. or bring their sick kids to Church and let them go to nursery and primary and touch everything and sneeze everywhere and get everyone sick.
I hear you. The doc has all 6 of us on antibiotics and we've pretty much decided to quarantine ourselves for the rest of the week and try to kick this once and for all.

And we're watching the 6 yo closely ... she's sleeping in our room even.