cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So in order to regale my companions for this weekend

I went out and purchased some CDs that a 27 year old and his wife should like
but there's no accounting for taste.

I bought Led Zep IV, Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, Bob Marley Kaya Remastered, Pumpkin Tree in Abstensia, Green Day Different Shade of Green, Oasis something or other, Jethro Tull, and for his wife James Blunt, Wisemen.

I forget how fantastic Zep IV is and was. It is a classic album that should be required listening in all music appreciation classes, though I imagine others disagree.

I don't have an MP3 or know how to modify, but I was looking at these for more contemporaries.

Any comments.

Spoon, Raconteuers, Medesk, Maftin& Wood, Widespread Panic, Government Made, The Flaming Lips, Arcade Fire, Moe, Thievery Corporation, Blonde Redhead, My Morning Jacket, Cool an dBen Harper and th Innocent Criminals.

Do you guys and gals recommend any of those?

I went to Borders and they didn't even have Fela Kuti, but I guess that's too african for a white neighborhood.